Nikkormat FTN from Japan

<p>I'd need a time machine to go back to 1974 to find a cleaner sample. The body seems in working order. The lenses that came with the kit are also really clean, both inside (via flashlight test) and out. The 24/f2.8 and 105/f2.5 are both made in 1965. The real surprise is what was suppose to be an 50/F2. Is actually a 1963, mint condition 55/F3.5 Compensating Micro-Nikkor with a metric only, distance scale.</p>

<p>My next move is to run a roll of Kodak Gold 200 through this gem. I will post these asap. Meanwhile I couldn't be happier. The kit came with all the original packaging, receipts with the original owners name, a body case and a full compliment of metal Nikon lens shades. This stuff should be in a museum. I doubt this camera saw more than few dozen rolls? Classic camera bliss, is mine.<br>

I should mention this is probably my 13th or 14th Nikkormat. Almost all of them still see film throughout a year's time too. Oh, and the price for all this? A little over 12,000 yen, about $150 USD.</p><div>00a9K0-450721584.jpg.fa6282256249d651a35f1ccf25747f87.jpg</div>

<p>This camera was sold new in Tokyo, and for whatever reason it isn't a "Nikomat". Two of the lenses (24/105) are in both feet/meters, and the 55 Micro has meters only. The plastic self timer and rewind lever tip were both added late in the FTN's run, during the Nikon F2 / Nikkormat FT2 era.</p>

<p>Hi, Steve Congratulations on acquiring a really pristine examle of a Nikkormat. I got one a couple of years ago here in Perth, not quite as nice-looking as yours and with a sleepy Copal shutter which the local Repair Guru sorted out very reasonably. </p>

<p>Strangely, it came with only an F3.5 28mm Nikkor, so maybe the previous owner who'd bought it in Singapore had a thing about party photogaphs. Also, like John S. touched on, mine is also a 'Nikomat' not a 'Nikkormat'. Lovely cameras, with a really nice mechanical feel to them. (PN)</p>