Well, for quite a few weeks now, I have been fooling around with macro, first with a Macro Module on a Ricoh GXR, Then with an old 55/3.5 AI Converted Micro Nikkor on my DF, and with a Tokina SD 28-70 AI Macro zoom. I finally ordered a used AF Micro Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8 D which came in yesterday's mail. First batch I took weren't great, second batch a considerable improvement as I figured a few things out. Trying to learn a bit more, I looked around on the internet last night for a Manual for the lens, couldn't find what I wanted, so I looked up the lens on Ken Rockwell's site. Despite some remarks, I have found the majority of his info useful and reliable. He explained the features of the lens, then mentioned that it would work with the TC 200 or TC 201 Teleconverter. Is that an understatement. I mounted the lens with TC 201 on my DF and went into the Garden. The shots aren't perfect, but are the best of the type I have ever succeeded in taking. The working distance is great, and the quality is quite good allowing mid range crops. With a 2.8, you still have a 5.6 lens, not that you would be shooting at the low end much.. I haven't done any prints yet, will have to see how that goes. This morning's shots are posted in the Mostly Bugs folder. If you have the gear, and haven't tried the combo, I would highly recommend it. The second tip was on using a TTL flash mounted on camera with the lens or combo to make it easier to stop the moving critters. I am looking forward to trying that and will post results.