New ImagePro Site

lynnthomas

<p>It launched pretty fast until the "cooliris" interface on the right came up with a noticeable delay until the tiny thumbnails appeared which are way too small. I'ld suggest you go slide show interface instead of cooliris.</p>

<p>Not feeling the choice of yellow ochre background and the dominant, way too big "Welcome to my site" text box. Photos should be the first thing seen. It grabs eyeballs over text and it just looks better.</p>

<p>The design of the font in the text box should dovetail/compliment with the design of the font of your banner name where in addition the color used for "Lynn" becomes obscured by blending in with the background color. I'ld suggest a much lighter pastel baby blue, periwinkle or just white or light warm gray for your logo name. Suggest an alternate san serif font for text similar to Helvetica.</p>

<p>Also in your "Street Portrait" section as in the "Home" page the font size is way too big and needs about 1/2 inch surrounding space from the bounding box border. A typography body text design tip is to have more space (at least double) surrounding the paragraph blocks than is between the lines of text.</p>

<p>Love the bluegreen/pink colors in the photo used in your banner design.</p>

<p>I can barely make out the tiny black text under your name that begins with the word Street Portraits which is about all I could see because the rest blends into the background.</p>

<p> </p>

Tim,

Took your advice and made some changes...particularly in the color scheme and font. I'm sticking with the

Cooliris for now...it loads pretty fast for me and the smaller thumbnails are something I can live with but am

not opposed to changing it back if it just isn't working.

Thanks for helping out and for your detailed and thoughtful advice, it was a great help. As I said, its a

project that is still in the works and no doubt it won't be long before I start tinkering around with it again.

<p>Just an additional tip regarding the flow of your text.</p>

<p>Body copy/text as opposed to headlines and subheadings are easier to read using flush left/ragged right formatting (typographer's speak) over centered formatting, your current text formatting.</p>

<p>Keeping the same font for all text creates a more cohesive overall design. You used a serif font on your home page and san serif on your portrait page. It's best to keep text (body copy) longer than seven words one font style.</p>

Tim,

I tried to keep all font Georgia but for some reason my saved changes won't hold. I had a devil of a time

with the Awards module and that's probably the reason for the different fonts your seeing. Not sure how to

make it accept and keep my changes. I did find that if I made a change, then signed out and signed back

in it worked better but that's a long and ridiculous process. I'll check back into it tonight.

Thanks for the critique and help.....I like it better now too.

<p>Looks good, Lynn.</p>

<p>Now if you could make the slideshow box bigger by making it the dominant horizontal box as opposed to the text box. The thin vertical slideshow box is making most of your horizontal images small and leaving huge open square spaces above and below. I know, then it will do the same for vertical images but then those open spaces on the sides visually flow from left to right according to natural human vision and the overall flow of the layout. IOW the vertical slide show looks kind of "clunky".</p>

<p>Swap the layout (put slideshow in big left side horizontal text box space) or put the vertical box on the left with the text and keep the slideshow on the right but in a big horizontal box.</p>

<p>In simple terms...Images BIG...Text small</p>

<p> </p>