Negative Carrier

Just measure - precisely - the outer dimensions you want to cover. Buy some black plastic sheet stock from a crafts store and cut it to size with an Exacto knife.

Come to think of it, buy a couple of sheets. And a couple of knife blades. You'll probably need to practice.

Depending on how your enlarger is made you'll need to make the carrier to the appropriate thinness or thickness. For example, unless I wanted to completely replace the carrier in my Durst M605, I'd have to remove the anti-Newton ring glass. But if I replaced the entire carrier I'd have to make the replacement carrier at least half and inch thick!

A while back I printed some old negatives (46x30mm) by making an insert out of two pieces of cardboard for my 6x6 carrier (Beseler 23c). I cut the proper sized openning in each piece of cardboard, taped them together on one edge so that the holes lined up. In order to allow the 6x6 carrier to close, I cut the outside corners of the insert so that the alignment studs on the 6x6 carrier would clear them.