My "Refurbished" Argus C3

<p>Replaced the leatherette with some pieces cut from a cheap purse, since I had to destroy the original when I removed it...the stuff was brittle and separated from the backing when I soaked it with lighter fluid.</p>

<p>The pictures I shot were pretty off in terms of focus, so I won't be posting any of those here, sorry.</p><div>00Wj20-253713584.jpg.aa409e4629d7613ca13af59246eb82e3.jpg</div>

<p>Nice looking! If you ever decide to get really fancy, the folks at Cameraleather.com have some really exotic coverings for your camera. I did an old Ricoh rangefinder a couple of years ago and it sold immediately when I decided to sell it.</p>

Great job! The Argus C3 is one of my favorite 35mm cameras. It was the first completely manual camera I ever had (I got my first C3 around 2007). And it's the only camera so far that I can actually fix myself and put back together! It's so simple and reliable.

If the focus in your pictures is off, you probably need to align the rangefinder. That's a common problem with Argus C3's, but it's very easy to fix.

<p>I figured out my focus issue. I had re-assembled the lens ring incorrectly after taking it apart for cleaning (didn't know that I didn't need to take out all those tiny screws). The lens was unable to reach infinity, or actually get very close, so everything was out of focus beyond 5 feet. Now it should be fine.</p>

<p>The rangefinder may need to be adjusted, testing that will be my next project (although I'm picking up some other manuals today, so the C3 fix may go on the back burner while I play with new additions).</p>