Monaco EZColor - any good?

<p>My current calibration and profiing setup is an XRite i1Display2 for my screen and using a profiling service for my ink/paper combination. This works very well but attempts to profile my scanner for use with Vuescan have proved unsuccessful, even using tools like Argyll CMS and Scarse.<br>

Then I came across Monaco EZColor (<a href="http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php?xProd=1061&gclid=CJ6LmcSj65gCFQ48QwodoFrp2Q">http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php?xProd=1061&gclid=CJ6LmcSj65gCFQ48QwodoFrp2Q</a> ) which I believe will work with my i1Display2 colorimeter to profile my display, but more importantly, will allow me to generate profiles for my film scanner (using my IT8 Provia target) and for my printer (using a flatbed scanner to profile the reflective colour charts) thus saving me buying profiles for each ink/paper combination.<br>

Has anyone any experience using EZColor in these scenarios? Any feedback gratefully accepted.<br>

-John</p>

<p>I own the Monaco EZ Color package w/Monaco Optix and I built profiles with for my printer. The profiles are okay but IMO the Spectrometer based packages produce much better profiles. Also the Monaco software is pretty dumbed down. Also I'm not sure you can use the IT8 Provia target with the Monaco package though I maybe wrong about that.<br>

If you need just a handful of profiles I would purchase them from Eric Chan for $20 each. His profiles are very good, IME.</p>

<p>Hi John,<br>

I just looked at the link you posted and I think that product is way over priced. Look on ebay for used copies if you are really interested in purchasing EZ Color. By today's standards this product is really dated.<br>

Better yet look for a used copy of Color Print Pro w/spectormeter by Datacolor. You can update the software for free. I'm not suggesting that CPP is the best product, especially when compared to the XRite/Gretag solutions, but by all accounts it is much better than the Monaco product.</p>

<p>Thanks to you all.<br>

Andrew, that'd explain the discount on the Colour Confidence site.<br>

Donald, I think you're right about the IT8 target - I did some further checking and EZColor needs reflective targets so my IT8 slide would be no good.<br>

In the UK I use PureProfiles who I've so far found to be excellent.</p>

<p>Thanks to you all.<br>

Andrew, that'd explain the discount on the Colour Confidence site.<br>

Donald, I think you're right about the IT8 target - I did some further checking and EZColor needs reflective targets so my IT8 slide would be no good.<br>

In the UK I use PureProfiles who I've so far found to be excellent.</p>

<p>Donald, im saddly very serious...</p>

<p>If the OP ask about the monaco device and software for is monitor only, its as good as the i1 (i use it for years until they shut it down) But if the OP ask about the eazy color software to calibrate is scanner by scanning the chart, printing the result, re scanning the print chart and getting a profile out of it...its a serious piece of junk that will most of the time bring you way further in your problem then before you play with it.</p>