Moderator: serious urgent request

I don't know who the moderator is on this forum, so I'm posting my message

here.

I posted the e-mail of a man, David Swain, who repairs Yashica Electros at his

home in answer to a problem (Yashica Electro-Bright Lines) here:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00IKrO&tag=

David is being spammed out of his mind as a result!

Could you remove my comment (3 answers down) or remove his e-mail address?

He asked me to do this. I won't post e-mail address anymore!

Thank you, Todd

The only thing to do once your address is listed is to ignore all spam. Delete it directly from your inbox, without opening it.

After a few weeks supposedly the spambots remove addresses that are non-responsive.

Most spam contains a link to an image that it will try to download when you open the email. The request to download this image proves to the spammers that your address is real and therefore worth money to them.

I've installed Spamfighter myself for Outlook and it works a treat.

Good luck.

Rick

Spamfighter did try to install for both Outlook and Outlook express, but I only use Express, so it came up with a few pop-up complaints about regular Outlook, but nothing serious. I've not had any problems.

Here at the office I get about 10 spam messages a day, concerning questionable medicine, lamps, fake palmtrees and barstools. I've only heard of one person ordering some palmtrees and he never got them.. so They're a major Rip-off.

On our company site we turned all the email addresses into graphics with instruction for people to manually type the address into their email programs and an explanation why this was necessary. We were getting spammed out of our minds and even a year after the change the spam flow hasn't dropped off much.