Minox tank problems

murray_kelly

<p>I have done 2 films in my 'new' Minox tank and both times the film has come out black, end to end.</p>

<p>The first was APX 25 about 15 years old and developed in slightly diluted Diafine.<br>

Being of suspicious nature I loaded an older (very) unexposed Plus X into the tank in a changing bag (to find the end) and developed in HC-110 1:60 for 10' at 20 C. Both films 36 exp in a 50 exp tank and both fogged fully end to end.</p>

<p>Is there some trick to using these tanks that I should be aware of? The films were done on a very dull day in the laundry so's not to get too much light onto the tank even tho the box clearly states 'Daylight Developing Tank'.</p>

<p>I followed Martin Tai's advice and put a rubber band around the lid to keep the body and it together. The two halves fit very neatly with no looseness. I do not have the spacer he refers to in one post, but understood that to be an extra that wasn't vital.</p>

<p>I can find no leaks or cracks or obvious places where bits seem to be missing or broken off so there has to be something I don't know about that I need to do (apart from the obvious - use another tank!) :-)</p>

<p>Any help much appreciated.<br>

Murray</p>

• 2 weeks later...