Minolta QTsi Maxxum Film Fed SLR

kevin_mcdonald2

<p>My mother pulled this camera and a few lenses out for me the other day. I don't have much experience with cameras or other photography gear. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these and how the quality was with it. I used it and have yet to get the pics developed.<br>

She also gave me the standard lens that came on it<br>

http://www.mediacollege.com/forum/showthread.php?8096-MINOLTA-QTsi</p>

<p>I have another question on a different lens, It is a Tamron AF Tele-Macro(1:4) 100-300mm.<br>

I have been searching for more info on it and cant seem to find very much other than links to people selling them. I'm wondering why I cant seem to find a matching lens anywhere? What type of lens mount is this considered to be? Is 100-300mm good because most I see is 70-200 and I don't know the difference?<br>

Please enlighten me I'm willing to learn.</p>

<p>The QTSI does have multiple exposure modes (but as BeBu said no manual mode). If the kit lens is the 35-80 it is a somewhat mediocre lens, but if stopped down a bit it can deliver good images. The 100-300 lenses were generally not as popular because they were bulkier than most 70-210 zooms and more expensive. Another kit lens was the 28-80 f4-5.6, also a mediocre performer. The later 28-80 f3.5-5.6 was better. Some Maxxums, depending upon where they were sold, might be sold with third party lenses. For example, the Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 is a surprisingly good lens for the money. If the camera came from Ritz Camera, it might have a Quantaray lens, (which was made by Sigma.)</p>