Medium Format Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by Ricochetrider, May 8, 2020.

1. Fujifilm GA645W, Fujinon 45/4 lens, Rollei Superpan 200, Paterson FX-39
    6813123029_fbafce3714_o.jpg

2. Recent close-up work with my 500cm and some extension tubes. This was Ilford's pan F Plus 50 film

321731_0009.jpeg

allancobb, LMar, oleksandrk and 2 others like this.
  3. Whiling away the day here is a familiar sight. Not terribly artsy but what the heck. Playing around with my Hasselblad 503CW and 120mm Makro Planar, with a touch of (gasp!) Silver efex.

sofa1sm.JPG

4. Combining the 2 things I enjoy most , motorcycling and taking pics !
    Moto-Guzzi Eldorado at Joffre park in B.C taken on Delta100 and a
    Pentacon 6 TL . Exposure by guess and bygosh Peter

cameragary and Ricochetrider like this.
  5. Great idea for a thread. Here's an image from my Mamiya 645E and 55mm f 2.8. I used cold stored Panatomic-X Professional (FXP) for this image.
    upload_2020-5-23_10-27-25.jpeg
    vintage farming equipment

allancobb, LMar, ajkocu and 3 others like this.
  6. Here's one more from the 16 film back on the 500CM. lford Pan F Plus 50 film. A little bit of alight flare here.

321731_0002.jpeg

allancobb, LMar, ajkocu and 2 others like this.
  7. LMar likes this.
  8. New scans just in
    Coney Island, Nathan's
    Hasselblad 500cm
    Provia 100

328126_0010.jpeg

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    jc1305us, allancobb, LMar and 8 others like this.
  9. Nice. Pan F Plus 50 is great, certainly my current fave.

cameragary likes this.
  10. F karen.jpg rom the 70's. Window light. Maymia C330 with 105 lens. I originally posted it was a Yashicamat.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  11. the scans from the last shots (to date) from Pennsylvania's coal country are in. I need to make more time to get back up there. Although, as you may see in the near future, aspects of PA's history with coal are ubiquitous throughout our region, not necessarily specific only to the mining towns. To this day, many folks still heat with coal.

Orthodox Church, Frackville PA
    Hasselblad 500cm
    80mm Planar lens
    I believe this was shot on HP5 (but may be wrong)

332389_0004.jpeg

12. Seems like this is the "New Normal". . . everywhere !! 1953 Agfa Record III, UFX 100, Hypercat & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k20-047-003 r9.5k ce s5 bc bm.jpg

13. Silent Street

Silent Street Silent Street Photography AUS

Postcards from Australia
    Saw this thread on passing and thought I would liven things up a bit with scenes from a far away, but still well-known place — Downunder!

Evening light over Devil's Marbles/Karlu Karlu
    Northern Territory, Australia

Homemade 6x17 pano camera with 90mm Komuranon and Fuji Provia 100F, scanned on Heidelberg Tango, RA-4 hybridised print.
    5807-5_SunsetDevilsMarblesNT_60x20.6MET.tif.jpg

Evening twilight at the Taoist Tree (I -- early Spring),
    Lake Bonney Riverland, South Australia

Pentax 67 + 90mm on Velvia 50 (EI40),
    multispot duplex metered. Cropped 6x6, scanned on Heidelberg Tango. RA-4 hybridised print.
    6774-02 Twilight over Lake Bonney final.jpg

Evening twilight at the Taoist Tree (II -- 1 year later, late Spring),

Pentax 67 + 90mm on Velvia 50 (EI40),
    multispot duplex metered. Cropped 6x6, scanned on Heidelberg Tango. RA-4 hybridised print.

Evening Twilight-TaoistTree_LakeBonneySA_2018.jpg

LakeBonneyAfterglow_BarmeraSA.png

Twilight reflections of drowned river redgums,

Pentax 67 + 55mm on Velvia 50, scanned on Heidelberg Tango. RA-4 hybridised print.

14. Wow man those are lovely indeed! Thanks and please do post more photos for us.

Meanwhile I have some more shots from Coney Island- not QUITE as exotic as the above shots, but hey.

328126_0006.jpeg

328126_0007.jpeg

from the Hasselblad 500cm and 80mm Planar lens on Fuji Provia 100f film. I love this film- GOT to get some more, what a scream it is.

I got my negatives and transparencies back today. I kinda thought the Provia would be in more like a "slide" format- cardboard encased. Not sure why I thought that but it came in as plain. Got 4 or 5 rolls of exposed film sitting so I'll send it out for processing in the next day or two. One of these rolls is Portra 160, also shot at Coney Island.

15. Silent Street

Silent Street Silent Street Photography AUS

Slide film today is processed "stripped", and rarely mounted. I masked individual images in polytex masks for 6x6 or 6x7 and sleeve these. Much easier task for scanning than to fiddle dismantling slides and reassembly (always a risk of damage to the actual film during this process). Gepe glass mounts are still available, but these too are fiddly to disassemble. And if the glass should break and penetrate the film... :eek:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020