Loss of sharpness in No Words image uploads

From the softening of even the above screengrab I'm having to assume this is not restricted to No Words. I know I didn't get this in PN 1.0. Photoshop preview matched browser even at 1000 pixels on the longest end. I wonder if there is some kind of Facebook styled MB size limit where compression is applied.

From the softening of even the above screengrab I'm having to assume this is not restricted to No Words. I know I didn't get this in PN 1.0. Photoshop preview matched browser even at 1000 pixels on the longest end. I wonder if there is some kind of Facebook styled MB size limit where compression is applied.

Honestly Tim, I don't know off hand the specific details behind the uploader in the forums as we didn't design it. BUT with any uploader (with photo.net v1, v2 or any other site) there is compression that must occur to make the file/photo something that can load in reasonable amount of time. We have seen very heavy files being uploaded and they have to be reduced otherwise they would never render. But in general I think comparing what you see on your laptop in Photoshop vs that same photo uploaded anywhere on the web will show a difference, I don't think that is unique to us. that said, I can research specifics.

Edited by G-P

Honestly Tim, I don't know off hand the specific details behind the uploader in the forums as we didn't design it. BUT with any uploader (with photo.net v1, v2 or any other site) there is compression that must occur to make the file/photo something that can load in reasonable amount of time. We have seen very heavy files being uploaded and they have to be reduced otherwise they would never render. But in general I think comparing what you see on your laptop in Photoshop vs that same photo uploaded anywhere on the web will show a difference, I don't think that is unique to us. that said, I can research specifics.

I didn't get softened images in PN v1 even at 1000 pixels on the long end. If there is a MB size that is invoking compression upon upload to PN v2 I'ld like to know what that size is so I can control it on my end on my calibrated 27" display, I've never surfed the internet on a laptop going back over ten years.

I also wonder if it was my turning off the use of Adobe Flash in my PN Preferences that could be the cause.

Thanks for the response, Glenn.