Looking for Darkroom Rental in STL Area or Champaingn, IL area

<p>I am looking for darkroom rental in the St. Louis area or Champaign, IL area. I have heard of community darkrooms before, but I don't know if they exist in either of these regions. I am a college student and will be spending a significant portion of my summer in both areas. I took a B&W photography course at my university and no longer have access to a darkroom, and I don't have the resources to build my own, so I am looking into darkroom rental. I have a feeling this service may not be available in either of these areas, but was wondering if anyone could offer any assistance.</p>

<p>Unfortunately there are no rental darkrooms in the St. Louis area anymore. However I teach at St. Louis Community College Florissant Valley and we've got a lot of one week, one credit photo workshops this summer. Just taking one class would give you the opportunity to use our darkroom all semeser. <a href="http://www.stlcc.edu/Admissions_and_Registration/Class_Schedules.html">Check out this link</a>, or send me an email if you have questions.</p>

<p>Check with camera/photo stores in each city to find out if there are photography clubs that you could join as a student, and gain darkroom access that way. That's what I did here in Madison, when I was in the same situation as you are now. You would probably have to join for a year, but if they have a student rate, it would probably be worth it. You would also probably have to pay an hourly rate for the chemicals. The Center for Photography at Madison (CPM), the group I belong to, has a student rate of $36.00/year, with darkroom fees of $3.00/hour for the chemicals. Rates in Champaign should be fairly close to that, but will most likely be a bit higher in St. Louis.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>