Linhof Technika Serial Number Questions

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by Glenn McCreery, Mar 7, 2003.

1. I have two questions. I own a very old 13 cm by 18 cm Technika
    with serial number 3241. When was the camera manufactured?
    The second question relates to my Technika III version V. I can
    find no serial number. I think that I have looked everywhere, even
    under the accessory shoe. There were some partly legible
    numbers on the cam before I removed it (along with the
    rangefinder, etc. in order to lighten the camera for field work).
    There is no evidence of filing or grinding off a serial number.
    Were there cameras manufactured without serial numbers?
    And, if not, where should I look?

2. 3241 is a 1947 Technika II.

3. The number on the cam is most likely the serial number of the lens that the cam was matched with, not the camera serial number.

I doubt that Linhof made Tech IIIs without serial numbers. This is after all a German company we're talking about here. I'm surprised Bob didn't tell you where to look for it. On the later Technika models the number is under the accessory shoe but I very vaguely recall reading somewhere that it's in a different location on the IIIs. However, I could be completely wrong. If I am, is it possible that the numbers have just worn off under the shoe? I have a very late Tech V, quite a bit newer than yours, and even with this considerably newer camera the numbers are worn quite a bit though they're still legible.

4. Thank you for your answers. I will take another closer look under
    the accessory shoe. I believe that the 13 cm by 18 cm Technika
    is older than a II since it has no provision for a rangefinder, has
    an old uncoated Schneider Xenar lens (SN: 1849321) in a
    dial-set Compund shutter, and has a pre-war Art Deco look to it.
    The rotating back has D.R.G.M. and D.R.P. inscribed. Am I
    mistaken?

5. Glenn - Since posting my message to you I've learned that it was partially wrong. I said that the number you saw on the cam was probably the serial number of the lens to which the cam was matched. That could be right but I've since read that there actually were two serial numbers on the cams for the III. The one on the top of the cam is as I said, the lens serial number. However, on the cams for the III the serial number of the camera apparently was put on the underside of the cam. So you should see two serial numbers on the cam, one on top for the lens and one underneath for the camera. I learned this from reading something, not from my own experience since I don't own a III, so if what I read is wrong then this message is wrong but it would be worth checking the underside of the cam. I'd be interested to know whether you see a number there.

6. " on the cams for the III the serial number of the camera apparently was put on the underside of the cam"

Also on the IV. Only on the V and later is their only the lens # on the cam.

7. Brian and Bob, thank you very much for your replies. The
    number, which is only half legible and written in ink, is on the top
    of the cam. Nothing is on the bottom. So, perhaps this was not
    the original cam? I guess that I may never know the serial
    number of the camera. Which does not bother me. My main
    concern was that, if there were an obvious place for the serial
    number on the camera body, and if it were removed, then I might
    own a camera that was stolen at some point in time (I bought it
    from a camera store and have a receipt, so legaly I was not
    worried, just ethically). Now, does anyone have a difinitive
    answer for my other question? (see my last previous message
    and the attached image).

8. Excuse me, for my little response, but only know a few words in English.
    For your second question:
    Look on the bed, under of rail.

9. Hello there,

I have just found an old Super Technika V, complete with original Linhof "Certificate of Ownership". The serial number matches the number stamped on the flat of the accessory shoe.
    Can anyone give me an idea of its production date.

The number is 2161120

Many thanks, Doug Fothergill

10. Doug, 1970

11. Hi Bob, hoping you can tell me what model and year I'm looking at on a 5x4 Linhof serial number 3760.
    Much appreciated, Scott.

12. 3241 was made in 1947. All Linhof cameras have a serial number. Normally on the accessory shoe. Some old ones (and
    your are all very old) can have the number on the drop bed. There are also numbers under the body covering but I would not
    go looking for those unless you know how to remove and replace it as the covering for your cameras haven't been made in
    over 30 years.

13. " 5x4 Linhof serial number 3760."

Appears to be 1958/59 Linhof Color 45

14. Hi Bob,
    I have an "old" Linhof which I still have to identify with any precision. It is a 6.5x9 with a Kalart RF, serial No. 15862

Fundamentally my search is to find out what kind of accessories were available for this camera's back, or whether a rollfilm
    back will absolutely require a custom adaptation.

Thanks,
    t

15. 15862 was a 4x5 Technika III from 1957/58.

Did you get the serial number from the accessory shoe? If so are you sure it is the original shoe?

16. Hi Bob, I took the serial number off the rail door. The body does not have an accessory shoe, as it has a sports finder mounted. The back is not big enough to be a 4x5, however, as the plate/holder size is 101x145mm. Thus, we have serial mayhem, so here are a couple of pictures. Thanks, t
    00QSjI-63243884.jpg

17. and another
    00QSjP-63243984.jpg

18. and another...
    00QSjR-63245584.jpg

19. Let's add to the confusion. The Lensboard says "Standard Press". The Standard Press was a 4x5 made from 1950 to 1954.

But your camera does not look at all like the Standard Press.

Your camera does look exactly like the Technika Standard (Technika Medizin) made from 1936 until partway into WWII (it
    was also available in an 18 x 24cm model until into 1944).

We have no serial number records prior to 1946.

20. Hi Bob,
    yes, the lensboard is a SP one that was cut down, it seems. the lens is a Vaskar which must have come off of a
    compact folder, I believe. But this is not a worry, as my intention is to use other lenses, or a variety of lenses.

The lack of information on early serial numbers would make sense, in the oddness of numbers and dates.

Do you know of any source of information on the early Standard?

Thanks again,
    t

21. The Linhof Camera Story book has some info and some images.

22. Bob, and others who are keeping in touch with this string, you may continue to receive odd questions like mine. My father-in-law passed away a couple of years ago and I've just received his Linhof Technika camera, lenses and various filters, etc., which I think is a late-model III (although parts look like a model IV). Some years ago, I took a course locally in large format cameras and have used one, on and off, when I'm not traveling with my old Hasselblad. So, in a sense, I know a bit about large format cameras, but realize that this Linhof model is complicated, particularly without an instruction book (which I hope to acquire).

There was a Linhof certificate (no date) with the camera, but honestly, I don't know if it belongs to this camera. It states that the camera is a Technika III E 4x5, and that the serial number is 55294. The number on the camera's accessory shoe is 72865 and there is no number beneath it (I looked). My father-in-law was a professional photographer in a hospital and he may have modified his personal camera (which I now have) and the certificate may belong to a camera that he used at work. There is no way I can check that! Anyway, there is no number under the accessory shoe on this camera, none at all, and I have not been able to find another location for a number.

If this is a model III E, does anyone happen to know if the serial number might have been put somewhere else. Any suggestions?

With thanks
    Peter Gale

23. 55294 = 1956
    72865 = ±1960 Technika IV.

If it is the IV it has forward and back lens tilt and the current lens boards fit it.

24. Thanks Bob. The 72865 number (on the shoe mount) makes more sense date-wise, and is probably the correct number. The certificate may have just been something kept from sometime earlier.

Each lens that came along with the camera when I received it (Linhof/S-K 90mm and 150mm) are on their own boards.
    I just met a local person who has used Linhof cameras for many years, so I'll get him to help me so I don't damage anything that's just stiff from a lack of used, or whatever. Right now, the camera seems quite sticky and that may be from a lack of any recent use. Other details I am now seeing suggest that it's a Technica IV, but I'll wait a bit before trying things.
    In the meantime, thanks again.

25. Hi Bob, Brian et al
    I just registered here after having "just read" posts for some years. I am on the point of seriously getting into (second attempt) large format photography as a tool and method. I work primarily with photography as a part of artistic processes (performative, conceptual, sculptural) and as a way of communicating ephemeral qualities and/or for a communication directed to more then the chance encounter with my "physical matter". However... I was interested in something lightweight, rugged and yet quite technical — thus I became very interested in the Horseman 45FA and some other similar cameras. In my search for this I came a across a Linhof Technika III with the serial number 23297 for a considerably lower sum then any package I could manage to scrape together scavenging local shops, ebay etc. I have also attached an image of the camera/kit.[​IMG]
    • Is my research correct in that this is a version 1 produced somewhere in between 1946 and 1950?
    • It says it's 9x12cm, but I learned that this was only a different set of films and film holder and that the camera itself was identical to a 4x5" of the same version — is this true?
    • If it is a III v.1, does this hold many disadvantages from the later versions? and is the step between III v.1 and IV considerably larger then the step between III v.5 and IV?
    • Would I be much at disadvantage in having the older Linhof in relation to buying a more "modern" rugged field camera like Horseman 45FA, Toyo 45AII, Wista 45SP etc.? My (very limited) previous experience is with a Speed Graphic and then much more extensive experience with MF like Mamiya RZ67 PRO II, Hasselblad 503C/W. I have understood that it is a kilo or so heavier then i.e. the Horseman and that it should indeed have a finer precision than most of these? Other comments or warnings concerning older (III) technikas? I am planing to shot both 4x5, 6x9/6x12 roll film. Does the serial number I provided (III v.1?) have a graflok/internation back usable with i.e. the Horseman 6x12 roll film back?
    Sorry for the massive amount of questions, and I am of course more then happy for any clarity in the matter!
    Thanks,
    Niklas

26. 3241 is 1947 or 48. The serial number is usually on the accessory shoe but yours may have been replaced sometime over the last 50+ years. It could also be on a Linhof plate on the camera body.

27. Hi again,
    3241? Did you mean it in reference to 23297?
    If the shoe is replaced and the number "23297" is there, that means the number is probably not the same as the camera body?
    Can you draw any conclusions from the image (specifically what version of III it could be)?
    Thanks again for the help!

28. I can find no listing for your serial number. Where did you find it?
    "
    • Is my research correct in that this is a version 1 produced somewhere in between 1946 and 1950? YES
    • It says it's 9x12cm, but I learned that this was only a different set of films and film holder and that the camera itself was identical to a 4x5" of the same version — is this true? SIZE OF THE FILM BACK OPENINING. 9X12CM IS A DIFFERENT SIZE FROM 4X5"
    • If it is a III v.1, does this hold many disadvantages from the later versions? and is the step between III v.1 and IV considerably larger then the step between III v.5 and IV?OF COURSE, IT IS A III. THERE ARE NO PARTS AVAILABLE IF IT NEEDS SERVICE. TERE ARE NO LEN BOARDS OR GROUND GLASS OR FRESNELS IF YOU NEED ONE. IT HAS NO FRONT TILT. IT HAS LESS MOVEMENT THEN LATER MODELS. IT ACCOMMODATES FEWER FOCAL LENGTHS THEN CURRENT MODELS.
    • Would I be much at disadvantage in having the older Linhof in relation to buying a more "modern" rugged field camera like Horseman 45FA, Toyo 45AII, Wista 45SP etc.? My (very limited) previous experience is with a Speed Graphic and then much more extensive experience with MF like Mamiya RZ67 PRO II, Hasselblad 503C/W. I have understood that it is a kilo or so heavier then i.e. the Horseman and that it should indeed have a finer precision than most of these? Other comments or warnings concerning older (III) technikas? I am planing to shot both 4x5, 6x9/6x12 roll film. Does the serial number I provided (III v.1?) have a graflok/internation back usable with i.e. the Horseman 6x12 roll film back?DEPENDS ON THE CAMERA. WOULD HAVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE BACK OF THE CAMERA AS YOUR SERIAL NUMBER IS NOT CORRECT. YOU WOULD BE BEST FINDING A IV OR LATER RATHER THEN A III.
      "

29. Thank you for your answers Bob, I will heed to your advice and not buy the III and keep on looking. Thanks!

30. Hi Bob,
    I am new to this site. I have recently inherited a Linhof Technika. I am not sure what model it is and what year it was manufactured. Can you help? The serial number is 86251
    I also have two Gossen light/exposure meters. One a Sixticolor and the other a Lunasix.
    Thanks. Regards
    Ray

31. 86251 ia a 2x3 Technika IV from about 1959.

32. Bob Salomon. I picked up a Linhof Technika today and have a couple of questions. 1: serial number under the acc shoe says 33398 the same number is on the bottom of the cams but there is a paper in German that has the number D 613/50555. I think this might be the warranty number? From what I have read this is a III it has the single focus wheel, RF is level with top of the body. the front is flat. any info about this camera would be helpfull. thanks
    [​IMG]

33. Sorry I forgot my second question, how do you keep the lens open to use the ground glass focus method?

34. You have a 1953 Technika III. Your lens shutter should have a press focus contol. Otherwise tou would either set the shutter to T or use B with a locking cable release.
    The easier way to see if it is a III is to try forward lens stanard tilt. That is nissing on a III but is on all IV, V and Master Technikas.

35. Thanks for the info. The lens only tilts backwards. This is my first time to experience the world of large format 4x5 phtography so I have alot of learning to do and many questions. I will probably start my learning experience by shooting 120 film at first. When I do make the move to 4x5 where is the best place to buy film and what kind should I buy? Second where do you get it developed or do I have to develope it myself? Do I need a dark room to even load the film in the holders? Sorry for the 20 questions. I found this outfit at a garage sell for 100 bucks, hope I didn't get taken.

36. yri

yri

Hi Bob,
    My Linhof Technika 4x5 number is 2131323.
    Thanx!

37. I just recently (two weeks ago) got into LF and received a Technika IV from a friend for a good price (I think). The serial number of that camera is 66092 and I am curious about when it was possibly made.

38. About 1959

39. Hi Bob,
    I have a Technika with a serial number 6475062 made in West Germany and it has the flap on top. The drop bed has three click stops. It is Black. What model is this? Is the Rapid Change Adapter Slide 001618 compatible with this camera? I am using a Sinarback 75H.
    Thanks

40. You have a Master Technika. When you rotate your back 45 degrees do you see 4 slides, one in each corner to remove the ground glass back? If yes then the Rapid Change Slide fits without modification.
    If your camera has screws in each corner holding a clip that holds your gg back on then your camera needs a rather simple modification by Marflex. Your camera probably has the slides.
    We normally have the Rapid Change Slide system in stock.

41. Thanks for the quick response! I see brass screws in the 4 corners when I rotate the gg back. Is Marflex still on 117 Anchorage Drive?

42. Hi Bob,
    I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Martin at Marflex and you are correct about the back.
    It does have the clips.
    Thanks, Michael

43. Hi, Bob I have just bought a Technika V with a serial number of 2152779.
    Would you be able to assist with an age?
    Cheers, Phil

44. Appreciated.
    Phil

45. Hi Bob !
    Maybe you can assist me re: serial number 2112800 ? Could you confirm me it is a Technika V? Late '60s, maybe?
    Thanks in advance and happy 2012 !

46. 1966 Super technika V. And Happy Holidays!

47. Thanks, mate !
    I think I'm going to buy it...

48. Hi, Bob I have bought a Technika with a serial number of 5045029.
    Would you be able to tell me an age of production?
    Regards,
    Tom

49. 1973/74 Super Technika V 6x9 camera

50. Thank you very much :)
    All the best in this year...with best regards,
    Tom

51. More questions for the magic Bob Salomen: I have what I believe to be a Technika IV, serial number 65286, which, looking through this thread, would appear to be about a 1959 model. However: It would appear that the camera was fitted at some point with a Tech V front standard because the rise and fall is controlled by a geared crank lever (which from looking at photos on the web doesn't appear to be a feature of the Tech IV). Anyway, my crank has croaked -- it won't engage with the cog that controls the rise and fall. Questions:
    1) Is my supposition, that this is a Tech IV modified with some Tech V parts plausible/correct?
    2) Any suggestions for repair people in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, or anywhere else in The Netherlands?

52. Your camera is a IV from about 59/60. If it has a crank then someone has played with it. Many IV and early V models no longer have repair parts available for them so your best bet is to ask Linhof in Munich about repairs in the Lowlands and about parts.
    It is also possible that you actually have a V and someone simply mounted an older shoe on it with the IV number. Is the covering tan or grey?

53. Tan. But IVs and Vs were tan, no? I was told by the dealer I bought it from that it had belonged to a Linhof repair guy (said it was his own personal camera), so the shoe could be from a different camera. It's got a leather handle, not the hand grip, and the rf is not flush with the top (as I've read that in the IVs they were). It's got the red pinstripes on the front. Synthetic bellows.

54. Serial Number inquiry: 81848, a Linhof Super Technika III with a f/4.5 105mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar No. 1205552 in Compur - Nagel shutter. Date of manufacture? Is this indeed a Linhof Super Technika III? Any other information?
    Thanks.

55. Serial Number inquiry: 81848, a Linhof Super Technika III with a f/4.5 105mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar No. 1205552 in Compur - Nagel shutter. Date of manufacture? Is this indeed a Linhof Super Technika III? Any other information?
    Thanks.

56. "serial number 3241."

57. "81848"
    Is the number for a 1964 Super Technika V.
    Does your camera have a crank to do a front rise?

58. "81848"
    Is the number for a 1964 Super Technika V.
    Does your camera have a crank to do a front rise?

59. You did not say that it was a 23 camera. So I checked 45 numbers. It is always best to indicate if the number to be checked is from a 23, 45, 57, 810 or a special camera like a Technorama.

The serial number 81848 for a 23 camera was for a Technika IV from 1947/48.
    The Technika III series of 23 cameras had a serial number of 80,001 to 80,999.

60. ??? But the front standard tilts back only, not forward.
    I got brave and took the cam off. The number on the bottom of the cam is 5710121. That doesn't match the body number 81848 nor the lens number 1205552. It's a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:4.5 105mm. FWIW.
    Thanks,
    Danek

61. P.S. OTOH the back is held on with a single quick lever lock, making it a IV, and there is a rangefinder on top, making it a Super Technika IV.

62. 5710121
    Is not a serial number from a Linhof made after 1945.
    But it does look like a III.
    What letters are on top of the back frame?

63. Left-to-right: "D.B.P. West-Germany A.P.a."

64. Then it is a III per your description.

65. It must be some sort of hybrid. I'll call it a III-1/2 or III/IV.
    Is there anyplace on the Internet which compares the III and the IV?

66. No. But the book The Linhof Camera Story has all of them in it.

67. Hi Bob
    I recently acquired a Linhof Super Technika with the serial number 2122455. It has the ratcheted front rise so I suspect it may be a V. Could you advise on the vintage of this camera?
    Thanks!

68. Thanks, Bob!

69. Hi Bob,
    I just picked up a Technika in Seoul. The sign just said Technika. The guy said it was a Technika Classic. I take it that's the Master Technika Classic?
    The serial number is 6465310.
    It's awesome that you look up the dates on these for people. Thank you.

70. It is a Master Technika from late 1977. Technically it is not what the factory calls the Technika Classic. Those Master Technika models came out in this decade.

71. Hello Bob,

I have a camera that I believe to be a Technika Master 5, the serial number is 6475052 and it was manufactured in "West Germany". Do you know what year it was produced?
    Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

72. First there was never a Master 5. The Master Technika series replaced the earlier Super Technika V series in 1972.
    Secondly since your camera says West Germany it was made before re-unification.
    Your camera was made in made in 1987, shortly before re-unification.
    After re-unification they are marked Germany rather then West Germany.

73. Thank you for your clarification. Much appreciated.
    Michael

74. Hello Bob,
    Just signed up to finally get some info on my linhof technika which I bought a couple of years ago.
    I think it's a linhof technika III, but I don't know which version.
    The serial number on the accesoire shoe is 15003.
    I has a 9x12 back and doesn't take 4x5 inch cassettes (unfortunately).
    I would like to upgrade it with a 4x5 inch back, if that would be possible. I bought it cheap so I don't mind to spend some extra money on the back.
    Hope to hear from you.
    All the best Don (from the Netherlands)

75. 15003 is a Technika III from October 1956. There are no parts or accessories available for a III. If you want 45 then sell the III and get a IV. The IV accepts current accessories.

76. Thank you Bob, for the reply.
    Then it would be a Technika III type 5.
    Can't I get a second hand linhof graflok back for this camera?
    I thought you could retrofit it with a 4x5 inch back (according to some information on the cameraquest website.

77. There are no parts or accessories available from the factory for a III for over 30 years. The parts are different then later models, even some Master Technikas no longer have some repair parts available if they are old enough. The Master was introduced in 1972.
    Regardless a III is missing the single most common movement on a view camera. Forward lens tilt. A IV and all later Technika 45 cameras added this important movement. No lens boards, ground glasses or Fresnel screens have been made for a III for over 30 years. All current ones fit a IV and later models.
    Why throw money into a 9x12 III. Sell it and buy a IV. The IV may also be obsolete compared to a Master but at least it is full movement and all current accessories fit it.
    Linhof does not have Type I, 2, 3, 4, 5 models.
    In the III series there were 4 model groupings by the factory:
    The original III made from Oct 1946 to 48
    Another series made from Oct 1945 to Jun 1954
    Another series from Feb 1950 to Dec 1954 with a plain camera bed
    A series made from July 1954 to Oct 1957 with a convex bed
    A series made from Sep 1953 to Aug 1957 also with a convex bed
    There were no Type 5. That is a dealer or collector classification, not a factory classification.
    There are other errors in Cameraquest which they do not correct.

78. Going back to my original question on page 1 concerning my 13 x 18 cm Linhof, I received this most interesting response from Wim Mulder through Photo.net,

This message was sent by Wim Mulder. You can check this user profile using the link below:
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=7612680
    "Dear Mr McCreery, I'm the owner of a Pre War Linhof Technika 13x18 camera with serial Nr 3289. This is just 48 camera's more away on the production line then yours.
    Probebly made the same day. These camera's where made in the year 1936 -and so on-the same year as the Olympic Cames in Berlin. My camera has olso a number in white paint on the left side of the body. The number is 172, and I was wondeing if there are more camera's with an indetification number.

Probably the camera was used for rent, or belonged to a press agency.

I think a lot of camera's ( Leica and Linhof) were used during the Olympic Cames.

So probably there are more of these numbered Camera's. Maybe yours?

It is a pity that all Linhof argives are lost in the war. But I am trying to make a list of owners of pre war Linhofs.

Yours sincerely, Wim Mulder (The Netherlands) "
    My camera does not have an identification number similar to the 172 on Wim's. Also of interest is that there is an almost identical camera currently listed on eBay with a lower serial number (not my listing).

79. Hi Bob,
    We recently got a Linhof Technika camera from my girlfriends dad. He has used it to photograph church murals, but has now switched to digital. We're trying to figure out which version it is, and we believe it is a Technika V (it has the lens rise lever). I'm not sure how to see if it is a RF-camera or not, although I cannot find anything that resembles a rangefinder. The serial number in the hot shoe mount is 2122400. The Camera is made in West-Germany, so it must have been made before reunification.
    Could you advice on the year it was made? And if it is indeed a Technika V?
    Best regards,
    Andreas Lundin

80. 1966 Super Technika V

81. Thank you for your quick reply! He was quite surprised it was that long ago, he apparently bought it new.

82. That was the year it was made and not the year it was bought.

83. Hi Bob,

I am planning to buy a Linhof Super-Technika 6x9 - it seems to be a Technika III. The serial number is 46768. Could you please tell me the year of manufacture.
    Pls. check here for photographs of the camera:
    http://www.arsagenda.de/linhof/

Thanks and happy new year!
    Chris

84. 1955/56. There are absolutely no parts or accessories available for this camera.

85. Hi Bob,
    thanks for your fast response! Would you say that my object of desire is a Super Technika III?

Greetings, Chris

86. No, There are no parts, no ground glasses, no Fresnel screens, no cams, no lens boards. And, the most important view camera movement is missing. The lens standard does not have front tilt.
    Look for a much later model. The one you found is part of the first production run.

87. Since this seems such a convenient resource in the absence of any searchable listing that I can find, can you please advise about my camera? Serial number: 6491199
    Thanks in advance.
    Walter

88. 1980 Master Technika

89. Thank you very much Bob. You are a great asset to this board.
    HNY.
    Walter

90. I have a technika iii (i think). The number on the shoe sais 15037. It's got no rangefinder or cams, but international back, back movement nobs on top and two focusing rollers.

I cant really get the features to match the serial number. Is there any other place i could look for a serial number?

91. 15037 was the serial number for a 1956 Technika III 4x5 camera.

92. Thanks for the super quick response. That really helped, the features now add up to the production year and i can be pretty certain its a version 5 technika III.

93. Hi Bob, I just purchased a MT and the number is 6485057. My friend's is B521183. Please advise the years of production. Thanks for your help.
    Jack

94. 6485057 = 1988
    B521183 = 1991

95. Thanks Bob for the information of production years.

96. Hi Bob, can you help me find out when was my technika v built, it does not have a rangefinder and the serial is 4721055. Many thanks in advance.

97. 1968/69

98. Great Bob. Many thanks!

99. Hi Bob
    My Technika 70 has just arrived and has a serial of 11071 on top of the accessory shoe.
    There could be 2 further numbers in front or it could be deep scratching. I cant read them if they are numbers.
    Your help on year would be gratefully received

100. Sorry but that is not a Technika 70 number. A 70 would have a serial number above 90,000.

101. OK I have worked away at the first two numbers and they reveal
    :)
    00dnoz-561431584.jpg

102. Sorry, that would still not be a number for a 70. What is the number on the bottom of the cam?

103. Got it...!

104. <bump>
    Hi Bob
    Just to say - found it ...92402

105. Excellent - Many thanks!!

106. Hi Bob, I have a MTechnika and my serial number is 6431610 , could you tell me when it was built?
    Thanks for your help!

107. No record of that number. Where did you find it?

108. Ebay, a japanese store. I know the camera was restored
    00dtYJ-562529784.jpg

109. Thanks for your help! You´r the best

110. Hi Bob
    I own a Linhof Technika V, Serial Number 82500.
    The uprise lever is white plastic.
    Do you know the year it was manufactured?
    Thank you!

111. 1964 or 65

112. Hi Bob,
    I'm bye a Linhof Technika VI, SN: 74950
    Could you tell me when it was built?
    Thanks

113. 1962 and it is a IV, Linhof never made a VI in any format. After the V the replacement models are all Master Technikas.

114. Hi Bob,
    I have a Technika with serial number: 2191085
    No idea what kind of model it is (IV or V) and the year of production
    Can you help me ?

Thanks

115. 1974 or 75 Super Technika V.

116. Thanks a lot!

117. Dear Bob, I would like to know if an alleged Master Technika Classic is what it seems to be and its year, the serial number is 531388.
    I am also considering other offers of Master techniques, which serial numbers are 314308 and 2131103.
    Thanks a lot for your help on this, it is much appreciated.
    Gonzalo

118. All Master Technika cameras with the rangefinder are the Classic version. They started to call them the Classic after the
    introduction of the models without the rangefinder, the 2000 and then the current 3000 models.