Leica Adventures: What Do you like to Photograph?

This is a "Leica Adventures" category question (so I guess I can be

touchy-feely, and wishy-washy)...;>) If this is not your

thing...don't respond.

When you walk around town with no particular objective in mind (or,

wherever) what do you look for to photograph, with your Leica?

I've been trying to do some work with street people and portraits,

with the Leica, but I still tend to photograph rocks, natural

patterns, landscapes, abstractions, cityscapes, city details, and

such.

What do you photograph...when you're just wandering with your Leica

over your shoulder?

Will you show some samples?<div>003agw-9012884.jpg.353f88978dacc6c93550237f8b2d2eec.jpg</div>

Basically, I do what I want as far as activities go, photograph maybe the gist of something fun I do with other people or alone, and anything else I run into that's intriguing. So, in a way, my Leica is a companion on my travels, there to capture some of it to share with others, to bring back in detail the people and places I've seen, etc. I haven't done any "assignment" type photography though, but those are fun as well, and can get the creativity sparked.

Unless I'm deliberately setting out to photograph some specific subject, I tend to be in "reactive mode". I'd like to be able to say that I keep an open mind about photography but, like most people, some subjects interest me more than others. Trouble is, I can't remember off-hand what they are! YMMV

Marc and Mark:

I think she look pretty hot right now, especially in that kitchen! What is the B-52s?

I was just thinking today that not every photograph we take has to be a masterpiece or on the "cutting edge." Why not use it as a journal and why not use good equipment to do it? Good idea.

Igor,

I'm almost 61. Time is counting down for all of us. We are all mortal at whatever age. Live for today. What you photograph...do it for today, and FOR YOURSELF. Don't ever think about how important you'll be after you're dead! You won't be here! You are important now.

NOW is the time, and do whatever you do for the joy it gives you right at this moment. Nothing else is important.

Anything I see on my travels and my family. Landscapes, people, interiors, weddings, not much wildflife unless I can get it with a 180mm lens.

Igor - nice shot! In the long run as Todd says we are all dead - I don't give a fig about my photos making me famous.

Robin Smith