Kodak chemicals

Hi,

I have browsed online and they say the Kodak chemicals are "single use". Is

this the case for you guys? I assume if I measured 500ml that does 2x 35mm

rolls and that is it?

I want to get into color processing, c41 and e6 for enjoyment. They are hard to

locate in New Zealand, so one store said that they can get 10L sizes as smallest

so I will send them an email.

Can you provide me the different bottles required for c41 and e6 please so I

can tell him what to look for.

By the way, out of interest which bottle(s) are regulated by the shipping companies?

Thanks guys.

For home use for E6 I would see if your dealer can get the Kodak 5L E6 single use kit (Part No. 1077643). You can make up one liter at a time and develop 4 rolls in a tall tank. Actually, you can do a little more by increasing the first developer time. Everything is liquids so you can measure out 1/5 of each at a time. The opened concentrates last about 9 mos. and the mixed ones about 2 weeks. Go to the Kodak website and search for three publications -- Z119, J83 and TI2443. These documents include information on the 10L size also which is designed for small processing with replenishment.

You can also download the MSDS for the chemicals in this kit which will tell you the hazardous materials components.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for those documents I will download them now.

Yeah, I have asked them specifically regarding the 5L kits by Kodak. They just cannot get them here with the small market size and lack of demand. I received an email from Auckland and the guy said need to be specially ordered and then says Tetenal 3 bath kit at like $150US and he says C Pak has it for $120US for lab size does 400 rolls but reduced to $80US b/c its expired.

I am waiting for an email from Christchurch, they were the guys who said about the 10L Kodak size.

I am bit of a lost if NZ cannot obtain these chemicals. 10L in concentrate Kodak if I am not mistaken when mixed that becomes quite a lot, for home usage that's a bit wasteful since I don't have tons of film to process, a lot of it may expire. Like other amateurs I probably need to freeze my exposed film and develop them together. Would it be better just buy like powder form in B&H or liquid forms that is not regulated by companies in sizes of "makes mixed to 1L" ?? With powder it could be that I could stock up given NZ has a lack of supply. A shame I didn't get the E6 powder press kits before they got canned.

Just out of interest, are Kodak chemicals one time usage and then throw aways?

R.

"Just out of interest, are Kodak chemicals one time usage and then throw aways?

R."

No, in general Kodak chemicals are not "one time usage and throw away", although some

people use some of them that way, such as b/w developers diluted 1+1 and used once.

E-6 and C-41 chemistry is designed to be used up to its capacity within a couple of weeks

and then discarded....or use and replenish after each film run.

If you purchase a 5L kit (five litre), that means it will make 5 litres of working solution. It

does not mean that the kit contains five litres of each chemical concentrate. Almost all

bottles of E-6 are regulated.

McCluney Photography.

If you have to buy the large 10L kits, one way to extend the life of mixed chems is to freeze them. It really works (search for some pasts on photo.net about this). I've been doing this for quite awhile now and my slides ahve come out great. I don't run test strips, but to my eye, I've seen no problems. Of course, you might need a large freezer!

If you want top quality processing don't reuse the chemical, I mean developer. You can reuse the bleach and fix as they have twice the strength of the developer.

If there are photo labs in New Zealand there must be photo chemical suppliers too. They will be happy to sell you anything they carry at any quantity. But they probably sell only the packages for lab use. You won't find small packages for home use. So plan to shoot a lot, process a lot and enjoy a lot. Just ask your local photo lab where their chemical suppliers are. Vist the supplier. They are most likely warehouse based. They probably do not have a store front. I was able to visit one near me and saw the inside of a warehouse. I am in California. I am sure you can find one in New Zealand.

I purchased a box of Kodak C-41RA developer replenisher which contained 4 set (3 bottles each set) of developer replenisher. Each set makes 10 liters of developer replenisher. I was told to use it as regular developer without starter. The juice would be hotter to begin with. Well, I started out with a regular c-41 developer, 1 gallon package, available from my local photographic supplier. Then used the C-41RA replenisher to replenish it afterwards. I did not keep an accurate replenish rate. Never had a problem. In over one year I have only used up one set out of the 4. I have developed dozens of 220 negs with excellent result. Kodak C-41RA can last quite a few years before mixing. I also bought a 5 liter C-41RA bleach replenisher. Over one year I used probably less than 500ml of it only.

Try your local photo lab chemical suppliers. They most likely have all the chemicals you need.<div>00JC0J-34019284.jpg.14e2c6faeab650cdbe591a8d46cf6380.jpg</div>

Bill, the Konica film is a low contrast film with a lot of dynamic range. After the initial scan I looked at the histogrm, which centered most of the stuff in the middle. All I needed to do was to stretch the contrast to optimize the high light and shadow. By doing that all the colors were brought out nicely. Konica films are very good. They do not need much effort in scanning. My scanner is a Minolta multi, a MF scanner.