Key Mission 360, thoughts & pointers?

steven_p

I know it is a discontinued, somewhat a failure Nikon product........"However................"

I picked one up for small dollars (& actually a 2nd, for the extra Bubble lens covers.) and with the internet consensus of issues, I am able to get the thing to work. For those who have experience with the confounded thing, what phone, tablet and/or Google or Apple OS is the least painful.

I was always fascinated with 180 degree, fisheye lenses. I remember spending retail dollars on the FC-E8 for the very early CoolPix.

I updated the camera to the latest firmware and have the latest spapbridge 170/360 app on my iPhone SE, running iOS 11. I am looking for the same with an earlier OS, possibly it may work better. No so much an apple fanboy, I only wanted a small screen device & the SE was my only choice.

The biggest bugaboo is after remote photography, if I pause to look at a downloaded still or chimp/change settings, I have to pause & wait for wifi to re connect.

I am quite happy with the stills and video clips. I only wish there were a way to pan & zoom on video playback. The stills are astounding & almost can make me dizzy while viewing jpeg's doing finger pans & pinch zooms.

Does any other device, apple OS or Google have the ability to maintain a constant wifi connection with the remote camera?

Edited by steven_p

• 2 weeks later...