Is there a website where you can pay for someone to take a photo of a building?

<p>Hello, I work for a window company. We do windows for interesting buildings such as old, historic pumphouses, train stations, etc...but as we work throughout the U.S. we have a hard time getting photos of the finished buildings.<br>

<br />Is there any sites out there where you can say "I need a picture of XXXXX building and will pay $xx for it?<br>

Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea. As a photographer I would love to take them myself but am always tied to my desk here!</p>

<p>Maybe Craigslist? It's set up for regional ads by city/geography, and there are always a lot of photographers fishing around CL for modestly priced gigs. That's not to say that you can be sure you'll get the skills of someone who really knows how to show off your work. Architectural photography - especially that which is meant to showcase specific features (especially windows, with good balance between interior and exterior light, control over what's reflected from across the street, etc) takes some experience, and in some cases, special equipment. <br /><br />That said, holler if you need something in the DC/MD/VA area. Depending on the location and safety considerations, I can even add in some low-altitude drone-based aerials - great for showing off roof-top fixtures like atrium glass, skylights, etc. <br /><br />It really does depend on your budget. There are professional photographers' groups in pretty much every major metro area, and you could start reaching out to them for leads on commercial pros in a given region. You might also surf around sites like Flickr, and look for people who have tagged their work as being in the immediate area you're looking for. Then contact directly with an offer. You might very well get casual photographers willing to do it for free, just for fun. But sometimes you do get what you pay for. If you want compelling shots that really show off what you do, get with someone who knows what they're doing.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>Chris,<br>

You may want to look into some stock agencies that offer this service. You can post your needs and the price you want to pay. Someone may already have the photo in their stock collection. <br>

Two agencies that i know of are PhotographersDirect.com and ImageBrief.com. Please note, these companies have a minimum rate. If you are looking to get $1 microstock prices, these are not the places.<br>

You may also consider posting a request here on photo.net. Photographers in the area could contact you and work out a fee.</p>