Is PN compatible with Opera?

Hi,

I have recently changed over to using the Opera (Windows 10) browser. All sites work fine except for a couple of problems with PN. Foe example, viewing photo of the week I get a “This site can’t be reached” message, and I also can’t upload images to the No Words forum. For PN I have to stay with Chrome. Is Opera officially supported by PN?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have recently changed over to using the Opera (Windows 10) browser. All sites work fine except for a couple of problems with PN. Foe example, viewing photo of the week I get a “This site can’t be reached” message, and I also can’t upload images to the No Words forum. For PN I have to stay with Chrome. Is Opera officially supported by PN?

Thanks.

I'll' see what I can find out. As it is the week end, probably won't know anything till next week.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the reply. Main problem is that I can't upload images to No Words. I click on choose, select a photo and nothing happens.

Photos of the Week @ Photo.net - Where Photographers Inspire Each Other

[ATTACH=full]1339053[/ATTACH]

Per my tech contact there was a server issue - S/B fixed. Please let me know if you still have problems.

Thanks for taking the trouble, but unfortunately still the same:-(

I select a file (takes two attempts) but the dialog just sits there.

P.s. This screen shot is not uploaded but with copy/paste.

Edit. I have just posted a photo to my portfolio with no problems. Apparently my problem is just with "No Words". Strange.

upload_2020-4-27_16-26-43.png.d58a15efdd377cbd9c6a2e39a55f6e65.png

Edit. I have just posted a photo to my portfolio with no problems. Apparently my problem is just with "No Words". Strange.

Not as strange as you might think. From the time PN was initially redesigned, the portfolio side of the site and the forum side of the site have functioned very differently and seemingly independently. It's almost like dealing with two websites rather than a coordinately-functioning whole. So, from the beginning, there were problems with one side of the site that didn't occur with the other and vice versa. It will possibly always be that way and, now that PN seems to be operating on a fix-by-fix basis, what's fixed on one side of the site won't mean that fix takes hold site wide.

"You talkin' to me?"

• 2 weeks later...