Is Kodak making black and white paper again?

<p>I was on kodak gallery today for the first time in litterally years...and there was an ad for their new "pro gallery". They advertise having a true b/w paper. Are they farming this out to another lab? MPIX? Would they really sell an ilford product? I though Ilford had some sort of strategic partnership with Fuji.</p>

<p>According to info on their help pages, they are using Ilford B&W paper.<br />See <a href="http://assets.kodakgallery.com/A/help.html">Item 10</a>, which reads -<br /><strong>Professional Prints</strong></p>

<ol>

<li>Printed with Professional Color Management </li>

<li>Select from the following paper choices: KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Paper, KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Metallic Paper and ILFORD Professional True Black and White Paper </li>

<li>Shipped via expedited shipping methods</li>

</ol>

<p>Steve</p>

<p>Arjun, not only did Kodak make Ektar 100...but they also make it in 120 size rolls! Does everyone remember when we were talking about that about a year ago? A lot of people kept hoping that Kodak would make it in 120 size, but everyone said "no way." Well, here we are.</p>

<p>You never know. </p>

<p>And Patrick, I would love it if Kodak made B&W paper. I really like Ilford, but if Kodak made B&W paper, I would buy that too...no question about it.</p>

<p>Chris, yes, when recently I visited Kodak's Web site, I noticed they were now offering Ektar 100 in 120 (not that it much affects me, directly, as I shoot primarily 35mm). I do recall everyone's wondering if they would make the emulsion available in medium format (upon its release, it was sold exclusively in 35mm), but, doubtful as some were, we must know it was not "difficult" for Kodak to do so, once the company saw a market for it: the film was already in production — it was merely a matter of cutting it into larger pieces.<br>

Concerning black-and-white photographic paper, however, the folk at Eastman Kodak would have to initiate production of a brand new product, which would entail a great deal of effort and financial investment; and my prediction is, they will not see the necessary potential in re-starting production of this product to start moving that ball up its hill. All right, "you never know," and I might be wrong, but, if I were to place my bet right now, it would be on the naysayer side of the table.</p>