Interesting Photography Topics - Suggestions?

<p>Hi,<br /> <br /> I am an arts student in Salzburg, Austria and I'm quite new to the world of photography. However, I am having so much fun with it that I decided to dedicate my bachelor assignment to photography. In this assignment I have to choose a research question that I want to answer. <br /> <br /> Since a lot of great photographers and experts on the subject are on this forum, do you have any suggestions for interesting topics related to photography? They can be about ethics, aesthetics or anything else related to photography but shouldn't be too technical.<br /> <br /> Also it should be managable to write about it in not more than 7200 words, thus the topic shouldn't be too general.<br /> <br /> I would really appreciate your suggestions!<br /> <br /> Thanks in advance!<br /> Jakob</p>

<p>Here's one: "The Power Of The Frame"...</p>

<p>...which should illustrate how one's perception and emotion derived from a scene changes once you place a frame around it either within the camera's viewfinder or on a print. Placing a scene within a frame also affects composition. I don't think anyone's yet thoroughly investigated and illustrated the true impact<br>

of this phenomenon.</p>

<p>The emergence or re emergence of photographers from the former Soviet bloc countries of Eastern Europe. A content analysis of their work and its relation to common themes. Develop your own predictive scheme of what messages they convey. Then do the tabulation. And come back and let us know what you find out. You can go narrow or broad as you like. And doggone it, you may have some fun at the same time. All we know from this distance is that there is a flowering of the photographic arts. Source? Nature? Reasons if any for such emergence and when and perhaps why? How much suppport are photoartists getting in places like Hungary, Slovenia and so on... A good artsy subject don't you think. Not a library alone one though. Interviewing a few 'next door neighbors' ought to be doable...good luck, aloha, gs</p>

<p>Wow thanks for these great ideas! I like the idea of The Power of the Frame. However I cannot find enough literature about this topic, which is a pitty. Same goes for the Eastern Europe topic. Very interesting! But we are not allowed to use our own studies. For the first assignment we need to work with books alone. Photography in connection with other arts like music seems fascinating as well since I adore music. I'll try to get some literature about this one. Storytelling through photography sounds good too...<br>

They are all very cool suggestions. Thanks a lot everybody!</p>