In need of a MAC re-education

<p>I am not really a beginner photographer but I nevertheless find myself up against a wall owing I guess to need for some parts of a missing basic eduction in using my iMac with photo files.<br>

Problem 1:<br /> I purchased a connector going from the iPad mini connection to standard USB inlet on my computer. The intention is to download iPad and iPad mini photos to either a safe storage or to my iMac desktop computer. When connected to the MAC computer I get no signal or application to do that. What need I further do to transfer the images from the iPad mini to the computer?<br>

Problem 2:<br /> I purchased a 2TB Storejet to transfer files from my computer to this extenal hard drive. I need to install the Transcend Elite software that is apparently the TranscendElite.exe file in the root directory (?) of the unit. How do I access that?<br /> I normally can understand the procedures but maybe had too much wine over the holiday. Any help would be appreciated.</p>

<p>You can sync all photos through the cloud app. If you have it set up on both iPad and Mac, it will automatically do it for you. you can sync through iTunes as well. newer iPads will do this wirelessly.</p>

<p>.exe files are for Windows. Check the website for mac version.</p>

<p>Rich, thank you. I will check Transcend for a Mac version. The external hard drive might be a good way to transfer as well (Problem1) between iPad and IMac, as cloud storage carries a fee and I am currently blocked passwordwise with iTunes unless I find its PW. </p>

<p>I connect my iPhone and iPad to the USB port and open PHOTOS. PHOTOS, or formerly iPHOTO, is standard on all MACs. When opened and connected to the device, it should attempt to connect. Download the photos you want. You can drag and drop these photos from PHOTO to finder and into any folder you want.</p>

<p>You shouldn't need any additional software to use an external hard drive with your iMac. Just use Disk Utility to format the drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Regarding iCloud, once you have your full size original photos in iPhoto, Photos, or Aperture you can upload them to iCloud as a "Photo Stream". Photo Streams are reduced size jpegs uploaded to the internet so they can viewed by anyone on any devise. Photo Streams do not count against your free 5gb.</p>

• 4 years later...

1. Connect your iPad to your Mac

2. Launch the Apple "Photos" app.

3. Your device will (should) show up on the left side of the Photos screen.

4. Select your device

5. Follow the upload instructions.

This has always worked for me.

If it does not, call Apple Support. I have always had good experiences with them.

Open up your photos on your iPad connected to you iMac. Go to edit pull down and click on copy. Open up where you want to copy to on the iMac pull down edit and click on paste. Click copy not move which can be destructive.