Ilford chemicals in Spain

bobbyc

I have never been to Spain and possibly might be going there in the fall ( I think a small village around

Barcelona ?). I hear that the place is pretty remote and not on the usual tourist route. I will be

developing my own negs on the trip. Does anyone know if and where can I get Ilford film and chems,

specifically FP4 and HP5 (4x5 sheet) and ID 11 while I am in Spain. Ideally I would like to have it mailed

to my place of stay from some city in Spain. What is the mail like in Europe ? If I can't get it in Spain

( which I doubt) is it possible and legal to have chemicals and film shipped from other European

countries? BTW I do not speak any Spanish but will be with someone who does.

It should be fairly easy to find them in specialized shops in any big town near you, and if not, in Barcelona you sure have them in any big photographic shop. I think also a couple of shops here in Madrid will send through the post, but i don't it's worth it. That talking about the chems. The films you'll find them in any mall you go to or in normal photographic shops, they are VERY commond. In any case the national post service is one of the best.

In Barcelona, there are some proffesional stores where you can get nearly all type of ilford stuff. If you want the seller to send the items to the village you'll stay, I reccomend:

Primer Plano

c/ Provenza 175

08036 Barcelona

Tel. :934535691

e-mail: info@systemmailfc.com

They have also a web site with a virtual shop and a good catalog of products: http://www.systemmailfc.com

But, unfortunatelly, there's a product that you won't be able to find in Spain: 4x5 Ilford sheets. I don't know why the Spanish distributor only imports 9x12 cms. sheets. Otherwise, you can find easily Kodak or Bergger 4x5 sheets.

Good luck

www.foto-r3.com is a Spanish mail order company specializing in B&W materials. I think they don't do Ilford, but in case you want to try anything else, they have lots of Foma, Adox, Forte, Agfa, Tetanal etc.

suerte! Terry

You can find those without problem (at least they were there last time I looked) at Casanova Foto (http://www.casanovafoto.com/), C/Pelai 19, Barcelona. Just enter the store and keep walking until there's no more, that's the big room of wonders. Chemicals, papers, enlargers, film and probably everything else you'll need.

A few meters towards Pza. Universitat you'll also find a big Fotoprix store where they have some chemicals and papers as well.

Not really worth the hassle to carry all that and risk being stopped or having trouble when entering the country. Not to mention weight...

Have a good time !

Oscar