How to attract more users to register? Please be brutal to me.

mark_williams30

<p>I started a new site recently. It's a photo posting and sharing site. The site categorises photos by the lens taking the photos and the focal lengths. It's on wordpress platform. I also installed plugin for facebook login. So far there's only a couple of my friends registered and posted some photos there. I need brutal and hard advices. The first page of my site is captured and attached. The url is BigBigLens.com.<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p> </p><div>[ATTACH=full]1166819[/ATTACH]</div>

<p>Your site is not very user-centric. Why would I donate my photos to your site? What advantages are there to me to register?<br>

Making people register is all about having something on offer for them. I don't see you offering anything that is beneficial to me, as a user. After all, if I want to share my photos, it's about my photos, not whether I used a 35mm lens, or some 50mm lens instead. So, if you'd be able to create a primary view, where photos are listed by photographer, and use this lens-oriented view as secondary, possibly you'd convince some people, though you'd still be competing with Flickr, Google photos or even this site, which all offer photo sharing and have a much larger audience.<br>

If lenses are your passion, make it a real blog. Share your experiences, describe what you like and dislike per lens, with some example photos (not too heavily edited so viewers can assess the actual qualities of the lens well); maybe your friends can throw in their experiences as well. It'd be richer content than just photo sharing, and no having direct competition with large, established sites with vastly superior SEO ranking.</p>

<p>What incentive is there for us (photographers) to post on your site?<br>

How many non-photographers visit your site to view photos?<br>

Photography sites for photographers need to offer something for the photographer, either critiques, lots of eyeballs, ??? <br>

Why should I post on your site instead of 500px etc?</p>

<p>I am confused. The landing page is a colorful mashup of everything--a riot of lenses and subjects. Great photos for the most part--but generally nothing to catch my interest for more than a couple clicks and move on.</p>

<p>Second, the focal length listing and general content seems to imply prime lenses for smaller, mirrorless cameras. Is this the case? I see several images where oddball lenses have been attached to larger bodies. But no way to sort them through. Where is the category for using zoom lenses--and DSLR bodies. Just throwing in more lenses and bodies to the array of offerings now is simply going to create a horridly eclectic sampling of images.</p>

<p>This is a new site. Plenty of time to hone the content and direction. But in my estimation, a bit early to begin loading it with click bait and affiliate links. Get members first, and then begin slowly building the marketing sustainability of the platform.</p>

<p>A good start, but IMHO you leave the viewer and potential member adrift with where it is going. I also have serious concerns about privacy policy and copyright issues. There are no statements for either, and I seem to be able to right click and download anything I want. I also seem to find a lot of cookies for the site in my cookie folder. Please advise on the above!</p>

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!