How many of you are "new" to PN and/or Wedding Forum

think27

I've noticed a lot of new names and I'm curious.

How many of you are brand new to Photo.net and the Wedding Forum and how did you

find it....

How many of you are here for 1 year or less and how did you find us.

How many of you are new to the Wedding Forum but have been on Photo.net for a

year or more.

Other... ;-)

I have been a member almost a year. I didn't post much in the wedding forum while I was trying to learn to take better photos. I am still not as good as I want to be. I spend a lot of time here but it's mostly spent looking at portfolios.

I just lurk. I'm not a wedding photographer (as of yet), but I find this forum a higher class and more knowledge. Nobody asking about what lense to buy or what camera to use. Just real world photo problems with some pretting good solutions.

I think I've been on for a year now, maybe 2 but time flys.

I think that I have been here just around a year. I don't remember how I got here and the wedding photographer I was working under didn't even know about photo.net until this spring. I have learned so much from the forums!

Katie

I think I linked in from myolympus at Yahoogroups. I like the level of experience / expertise of the group. Some can be a little touchy at times, but that's just people. I live in South Yorkshire, UK, I'm professionally qualified and looking to start up wedding work again after a ten year rest; I'm trying to catch up on current fads and trends before I commit. Being an ageing Luddite I'll be using Nikon and film, of course!

I found PN when I moved from Australia to Belgium in 2002.

I was working and needed something to read during my breaks. I use to lurk around all the forums. It helped me find a processing lab and camera centre in Dallas, TX when I went on business.

It wasnt until recently that I found the wedding forum and give my 2 cents worth.

It has helped me in all areas and I really enjoy spending my time here.

Thanks - keep them coming - I'm really interested and I do see an influx of new members in the past month. Welcome newcomers. Thanks to old timers for all the input and feedback.. Lurkers are welcome too ;-) Just let us know you are there from time to time ;-)

I just found it by typing photo.net in. What a stoke of luck that was. I Love this site, especially

this forum. Seriously one day I want to go to a get together of sorts with just those of us on

this forum. How fun would that be. I'd be honored to meet so many of you!

And I love the questions of the newer ones because most of us have either thought it or

wanted to ask it.

Thanks so much for investing in our love for photography!

Casey

I'm a lurker! I've been watching PN for a few years now, mostly darkroom/MF/LF forums. I just booked a wedding to shoot in 2 months(for friends of the family, I couldn't convince them that I was not the guy for the job ;-) ). I figured that I had better get up to speed even though their expectations are somewhat 'relaxed'. I might as well do the best job possible, I want them to be thrilled. I remembered that PN had a wedding forum, and voila. Many helpful threads here, and I've read a lot of good advice from you too, Mary.

I've been reading PN since last century. I posted a bit back then, but mainly used it as a

research tool and boredom reliever. </p>I've recently began posting to the wedding forum,

as it is extremely interesting as well as informative. The topics have recently became quite

insightful, and I've got a few ideas to add and exchange.</p>Don - <a href="http://

www.donhillstudio.com">www.donhillstudio.com</a><br><a href="http://

donhillstudio.blogspot.com">blog</a>

The wedding and social event forum has become a regular stop for me.

I enjoy seeing people trying to figure things out in what is a very real world situation. What I learn can be applied to any type of photography.

It takes a lot of courage and desire to impove oneself to ask for a critique of a wedding shoot. Thanks for making this all hapen. And, Scott Eaton nonwithstanding, I'm very glad to see a professional willing to acknoweldge that 35mm film format still has a serious role.

Sometimes, that's all we can afford.<div>00HKXK-31241584.jpg.7f80503537b775f1a429f6110b059e91.jpg</div>

I found this site after purchasing a D70s & D200 (over the past 6 months) and looking for answers. Just learning but love to shoot and enjoy the advice I have received off this board. Initially monitored the Nikon board, but found most of my shooting was low light / inside, and found this board most enlightening, no pun intended. Found the post on "how to handle *Uncle Bobs*" incredibly humorous as I wanted to shoot some pictures at my nieces upcoming wedding. Gained an incredible amount of insight on how the professionals look at us "Uncle Bob's". Thanks to the regular posters, especially the ones who do not feel it is necessary to flame others, which seems very prevalent on just about any board.

I'm not really sure exactly how I got here, but I know that I was posting on the Leica Forum for awhile first, and I think Marc Williams might have been the guilty one for luring me over here. I'm about three quarters retired, shoot film in my Leicas, and am trying to avoid shooting color at all ;-) The Leicas are long ago paid for and they have me trained to make meter readings, focus, and compose for them.

Been on photo.net since 1997, after reading TWS in 1995 or so. Took an interest in this particular forum, as a reader, earlier this year because I'll be assisting in two NYC weddings in September.