How do photographers use twitter

<p>I have recently started using twitter. I follow many different photographers and post my own tweets about my photography and daily activities.</p>

<p>How do YOU use twitter? How do you use it to promote your business and photography?</p>

<p>Anyone know any good photography hash tags (#) ?</p>

<p>I'm just curious to see how others out there are using it.</p>

<p>My twitter name is lindsayadler (in case you are interested).</p>

<p>THANKS!</p>

<p>I'm on twitter but outside of a social netowrking tool, I haven't figured out what it's for or does? Yeah, someone suggested it but right now it's the, "Ok, what next?" concept. And I haven't found a good explanation other than using it for conversations. And ok, I'm wsrphoto there.</p>

<p>One bit of advice on using Photo.Net....it's generally not cool to post the same question in multiple forums. Also, writing your own bio in the third person is a bit creepy. </p>

<p>Wow. Two bits of advice for the same low, low, price!</p>

<p>...just trying to help - please don't take the "creepy" comment personally.</p>

<p>Also, given that you've been a pro since 2000 and have been on Photo.Net for almost a year, how about throwing them a bone and becoming a paying member? Their rates are extremely reasonable, and it tells people you care about the continuing health and vibrancy of the photo community. Plus, you get a cool banner next to your name!</p>

<p>I use it as a learning tool, not for business or socal networking. Mostly I follow different photography-related posters like Photo.net, NAPP, and PhotogNews as well as some individuals. I still haven't done a tweet. Can't imagine why anyone would be interested in knowing I brushed my teeth this morning, or whatever.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Go Walt, helping to support the home team! (thank you for that)</p>

<p>As for Twitter, while we (as a website) aren't a "photographer" in the same way that you are, photo.net uses it to highlight photos or forum threads or new articles etc. If something is happening (a trade show or a big project) I might use it to make quick updates about that event.</p>

<p>For me personally as a photographer, I'm not sure that I would use it as much of a business tool. I don't really think that you should expect much paying work to come of it at this point. I can see using it as a social tool. But I simply don't care enough, I already have a personal blog, a Facebook account, and a couple forums I frequent (including, you know, this one). So I don't need to do much mroe "socalizing" online for my personal benefit.</p>

Wow Lindsay, I love your work.

I been playing with twitter for a while and haven't really figured out what it is for other than providing a droll commentary on

my daily activities about which I am at loss to understand why anyone would care. I've come to understand, however, that

the actual posts are of secondary importance. For me the real pleasure of twitter is that it offers a non-commiting way to

connect with people. Also, in spite of it being an internet phenomenon, I have found it is especially useful for connecting

with local people. If I meet someone briefly that I'm interested in keeping in touch with, but don't know well enough to call or

email, I can follow them on twitter and maintain just enough of a thread of connection that they aren't forgotten and should I

ever want to call or email for some reason it's not so out of the blue. I especially like this since I'm relatively new to the

area where I'm living.