How Do I Resize Photos and a Few Other Basic Questions

I AM NOT A PRO AT TAKING PICTURES. Ok i have a small dig cam. how do i make my

pics smaller there comeing out 2 mb instead of kb. How do i resize a pic i

have already taken. I would love to learn and know a few basics on making a

great picture.

Do you have to have a special software to make a pic black and white to have

some color on a specific item in the pic?

OH YEAH I CAN"T SPELL EITHER.

[[how do i make my pics smaller there comeing out 2 mb instead of kb How do i resize a pic i have already taken]]

Do not shoot anything but the full resolution of your camera.

Use free software like Picasa or Irfanview to resize your images after you download them to your computer.

[[i would love to learn and know a few basics on making a great picture]]

http://www.photo.net/learn/

[[Do you have to have a special software to make a pic black and white to have some color on a specific item in the pic]]

Another reason to give Picasa a try.

Did your camera come with any software at all--like Photoshop Elements, for instance? That will do what you want. A good free tool is FastStone Image Viewer, which also has good tools for doing the stuff you want to do hidden in it.

I'm sure people will recommend some other free stuff, as well. Depending on what software you use, the specific answers to your questions will be different, so the first thing to do is figure out what tool you're going to use, then re-ask the questions.

IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP: Make absolutely sure, Robert, that whatever tool you use to work with your camera's image files, that you KEEP the original files, as they are. When you open the image in an editing program and scale it down to something that's e-mail or web friendly, size-wise, SAVE AS another file... essentially making a copy of the file that you put in a new folder, or call by a new name. you don't want to overwrite your original file. Once you've scaled an image down and overwritten the original file, there's no getting that lost image quality back.

Of course as soon as you grab the images from your camera, you should be making at least a couple copies of those files in a couple of places, no matter what. Burn some CDs, or use an inexpensive external hard drive as a dumping ground for backups. A lot of people lose everything when they only have one copy of such stuff.

I second that advice. Back up your original photos. It may not seem like that big of a deal until your computer crashes and you lose all those photos you wish you still had.

I learned my lesson and bought an inexpensive portable external drive. Its definitely worth it....

Also, you can upload those really important pictures here and there and you should never lose them again.