Here we go again - the anti-adblocker overlay is back

Dieter Schaefer

Tweaked some settings and the overlay and banner are gone now (they might have been an update to the adblock plugin). Nonetheless, the banner and overlay should not have come up regardless.

I just got the banner as well. Clicked the close [X] symbol in the upper left corner and it disappeared. Signed in as I usually do without a problem.

Dieter, what settings did you tweak to get it to stop?

Dieter, what settings did you tweak to get it to stop?

Sorry Tim, I don't want to give advice on how to defy photo.net's anti-adblock banners and overlays in a public thread. As I already mentioned - and something Glenn confirmed - as subscribers we shouldn't see those anti-ad-blocking measures and the real solution is on photo.net's side, not by tweaking adblock settings.

If you come to photo.net and you are not logged in and you are using a ad blocker you will see the message because at that moment we don't know you are a subscriber. Once you X (close) the window and log in - you should not see it again.

Sorry Tim, I don't want to give advice on how to defy photo.net's anti-adblock banners and overlays in a public thread. As I already mentioned - and something Glenn confirmed - as subscribers we shouldn't see those anti-ad-blocking measures and the real solution is on photo.net's side, not by tweaking adblock settings.

I thought you were referring to Photo.net pref settings.

BTW the banner stopped showing up. Guess it's fixed.