Help with i1Display Pro not found by i1Profiler

<p>I have a huge problem with the i1Display Pro not found by i1Profiler application on Mac. I have done everything I could from reinstalling the application, verify disk, etc. I have updated the Mac to 10.8 and the device is not found by the Application. I can see it in the System Report that means that the the machine sees it by the i1Profiler does not see it. I also tried to install it from scratch from a new user account but again it is not found.<br>

I tried to contact X-Rite with no success.<br>

Is there someone that can help? I have three monitors waiting for calibration.<br>

Thanks for any help</p>

<p>i1Profiler is absolutely compatible with Mountain Lion. <br /> In terms of finding the device, we can thank X-rite for the unnecessary and buggy XRD protocol which may be your issue. Go to the X-rite site, log in to "<em>My X-Rite</em>" (which should be something you did when you registered) and "<em>My Downloads</em>" and look for X-Rite Device Services 2.3. That might fix the issue. Or wait till tomorrow, open i1P and select <em>Check for Updates</em> if it's not on.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Yes it is. The following is from the application during installation:<br>

The i1Display or the i1Pro 2 must be connected in order to register your i1Profiler solution.<br>

<strong>Minimum suggested hardware requirements:</strong><br>

<strong>Macintosh</strong><sup>®</sup><strong>: </strong><br>

MacOS X 10.6.x, 10.7.x and 10.8.x<br>

All Operating Systems should have the latest updates installed<br>

2GB RAM <br>

Intel<sup>®</sup> Core 2 Duo Processor <br>

2GB of available disk space<br>

Powered USB Port <br>

Monitor resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher<br>

Dual display support requires either 2 video cards or a dual head video card that supports dual video LUTs being loaded<br>

Latest drivers for video card installed<br>

DVD drive or high-speed Internet connection required for software install, download and automatic software update<br>

User must have Administrator rights to install and uninstall the application</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I downloaded X-Rite Device Services 2.3 then I reinstalled the Profiler</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Wait. Don't <strong>reinstall</strong> i1P! That will reinstall the older version of XRD. Just install 2.3 and see if that does the job.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>I installed X-Rite Device Services 2.3 with no success. I installed the i1 diagnostics that does not see the device. I checked the System Report and the machine sees the device, thanks:<br>

<strong>i1Display3:</strong></p>

<p> Product ID:0x5020<br>

Vendor ID:0x0765 (X-Rite Incorporated)<br>

Version: 0.01<br>

Speed:Up to 12 Mb/sec<br>

Manufacturer:X-Rite, Inc.<br>

Location ID:0xfd130000 / 5<br>

Current Available (mA):500<br>

Current Required (mA):100<br>

</p>

<p>Yes it has worked perfectly before the upgrade to 10.8. I have also checked the device on another computer and the device is working without problem. The issue seem to be related to something that happened after the fresh installation of the MAC OS 10.8 (not update). X-Rite people were not able to help.<br>

I am not sure what happened. I followed their instructions about verify disk, repair disk, reinstall. I also tried to install from a different account but no success. I am totally lost.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I'm running 10.8, no issues so that's odd. The other machine that IS working, that's 10.8 too? You have a USB hub or something different between the two systems? Other USB devices on the problematic machine? </p>

<p>The device is connected to the usb directly to the Mac. Even if I try to connect to a USB hub the device does not start blinking. MOre specifically it blinks when connected to the USB hum but when I connect the USB hum to the MAc it stops blinking. The other machine where I tried is a pc and it is working fine. It is strange because, as said, I did not have any problem before. I also tried to remove everything in the preferences to have the x-rite application fresh installed but again without success.<br>

Thanks<br>

simone</p>

<p>Short of calling X-rite, I'd try this: Remove every USB device, hub, cable from the Mac. Hook up only the EyeOne <strong>directly</strong> to the Mac. It does sound like a software issue however as the diagnostic see's the device and say's it's OK. So it's some i1P issue I suspect. What version are you running? </p>

<p>X-rite is not helping at this time. I spend a few tel call and emails but they do not know what to do. The i1Diagnostic does not see the device but the Mac does. At the moment the i1Profiler (after the update is v1.5.0 and XRD is 2.3.1.4<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>If it were a Windows machine I would back up my files, load a disk wiping utility from CD and wipe the HD with a minimum of 7 pass wipe then reinstall everything.<br>

When looking for such a program for Mac I came across<br>

http://download.cnet.com/OnyX-Mountain-Lion/3000-18512_4-75749743.html<br>

it may resolve your issue.<br>

Computers, aka stupid high speed switch machines, have a tendency to recognize pre installed files and reuse them even though the HD space is marked as free or available. Sometimes the old information bleeds through or in the case of some malicious software reinstall itself if the disk space is not sufficiently overwritten. All machines work basically the same regardless of who makes the components or the software run on them. It is often quicker to wipe thoroughly clean and start over than it is to find the corrupt data and fix it. </p>

<p>Just an idea. Download the i1 Diagnostic to the PC and run it with the instrument. Just to triple check it's running as it should. That data report may be useful to X-rite as well. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Console showed xrdd was always crashing or giving errno5 when launched tried to launch it. A friend created a small shell script to restart xrdd and it works after I run this script. <br>

#!/bin/sh<br />set -x<br />/bin/launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.xrite.device.xrdd.plist<br />sudo pwd<br>

# The next item is one very long line<br />sudo /Library/Application\ Support/X-Rite/Frameworks/XRiteDevice.framework/Versions/B/Resources/X-Rite\ Device\ Services.app/Contents/MacOS/X-Rite\ Device\ Services</p>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p>Console showed xrdd was always crashing or giving errno5 when launched tried to launch it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>XXRD (XRD I mentioned) is a huge PITA! Let me pass this onto my sources at X-rite and see if they have any ideas. </p>