Have you read my book?

kirktuck

If you've read my book, Minimalist Lighting, I would appreciate your reviews and comments as I am writing a second and third book and

would love the feedback. Writing, unlike photography, can be so solitary. I would love to hear what real photographer think!

Thank you, Kirk Tuck

Author, Minimalist Lighting<div>00QAma-57167584.jpg.860dac37e03ceeffd0f789c02d319f47.jpg</div>

Thanks for asking that question! First, of course, it is a bit of advertising done so discretely it missed my focused attention, so I answered your question directly. Your book gets good reviews so I put it on my wish list at Amazon. It also led me to Strobist. Your book got a good review from a regular Strobits (blog) reader. So my question. What books are you thinking of writing? I presume you are a member of PPA. Do you give PPA sponsored workshops?

if you are firmly committed to the idea that the only way to create great light for a photograph is with several

hundred pounds of studio type lighting gear, you fill find Kirk's book absolutely appalling, galling and life

threatening.

But if you are smart, have an open brain, and understand that great lighting is all about how you use light and

not about specific tools or brands, you'll get a lot out of it. It is also a well written guide to basic

lighting created by guy with 20+ years of real world experience as a first rate photographer.<div>00QB1e-57259684.thumb.jpg.5cc78ba947afb4d3e3f68222be9ec12f.jpg</div>

It was an honest question. Not a member of the PPofA but a chapter president of the ASMP for Austin and San Antonio. I've just written

and sent to the publisher a second book about studio lighting and I'm starting a third which is more or less going to be a handbook about

commercial photography. I'm looking for feedback on the first book vis a vis writing style, clarity, and how the subject matter was handled.

If people think I spent to much time on small details and that sort of thing.

Thanks for the replies

It was an honest question. Not a member of the PPofA but a chapter president of the ASMP for Austin and San Antonio. I've just written

and sent to the publisher a second book about studio lighting and I'm starting a third which is more or less going to be a handbook about

commercial photography. I'm looking for feedback on the first book vis a vis writing style, clarity, and how the subject matter was handled.

If people think I spent to much time on small details and that sort of thing.

Thanks for the replies

• 4 weeks later...