Hand Sanitzer and My M2's New Covering

<p>I recently purchased a recovering kit from Cameraleather for my M2. This is self adhesive material and can be a bit tricky to get into place with the new covering choosing to stick someplace it shouldn't.<br>

The Cameraleather website offers some helpful guidance on installation and I'm posting here to report that one of the suggested methods worked very well indeed for me.<br>

This is the so-called "wet method". The bare camera body is given a coating of "Purell" hand sanitizing gel then the new leather can easily be guided into place, over, under, or around knobs and neckstrap lugs. After one or two minutes, the sanitizer, which is largely alcohol, evaporates and the adhesive sticks.<br>

This certainly simplified the job for me - I found the Purell in a local supermarket.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Having done a "wet job" on an old LTM last November, I was apprehensive at first, but it worked really well. I did have to wait about 48 hours after making minor adjustments for the adhesive to really nail down some of the edges.</p>