Got to be a better way to see posting history

Charles_Webster

<p>There has to be a better way for me to see my posting history than going to my Workspace page and then waiting for the site to retrieve all ~4,000 posts I've ever made on the site. Which times out almost every time when first submitted.</p>

<p>How about producing the same listing for just the last 30 days or .....? I'm not interested in following up on posts I made 5 years ago, but I'd like to find the 3 or 4 posts I made last week.</p>

<p>I know this site uses tons of legacy code, but it seems that it would be relatively easy to change the query submitted to the database from "all" to "the last 30 days" or something similar.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

<Chas></p>

<p>+2 !<br /><br />Or, see about some pagination in those results. But I think the 30-day default, with a See All Of It link makes far more sense. If the See All Of It Link has to time out four times while the database server's cache catches up (it usually takes me three or four tries), that's not so bad, considering I'd use that perhaps once a month, compared to using the 30-day view more than once a day.</p>

<p>I'm very nicely asking Jin to look into it again.</p>

<p>Bear in mind, it's not like I don't want this to happen or that I haven't brought it up in the past. It's just that this stuff is never as simple as it seems. Typically, almost anything is possible, particularly when you have a programmer like Jin, but a lot depends on just how many man-hours (and sometimes hardware) you have to devote to any one thing.</p>

<p>That is utterly astonishing! It pulled down all my posts in the past 90 days in about one second. Wow! Thank you, Josh, and thank you, Jin.</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>PS - And took about 15 seconds when I clicked on the "retrieve all posts" link, ie about the same length of time, or maybe slightly faster than it usually takes to do this.</p>

<p>Excellent work, guys. I can actually hear your database server breathing a sigh of relief from here!<br /><br />Works very well. The full history version still took three attempts, but suddenly I <em>just don't care!</em> That will now come up so rarely as to make it truly irrelevent. Thank you. <br /><br />Oh, and a bonus: for those of us idiots with many thousands of posts, this makes the history page once again actually useful from something like a mobile device. That's a nice bonus.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>us idiots with many thousands of posts</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Exactly. We no longer have to pay for our sins when we try to remember where we have just come from. As in "I know I just came into the Classic Manual Camera forum for some reason, but what was it?"<br>

I wish I could claim honestly that it is just time's wingéd chariot, but I had the same problem when I was 27. :(</p>

<p>WOW!<br>

Thanks Josh, Jin & all involved!<br>

I know that in my experience, I couldn't remember where I had possibly made a comment in the Forums in my daily "PN rounds" and would get frustrated when trying to retrieve the posting history. And, mine was certainly shorter than most with only a couple thousand posts at the most.<br>

Great job, 10+! </p>

<p>Josh, consider this:<br>

'Your photos attracted 15080 comments. View'<br>

Can we 'Jin' up some of the same magic for this category (comments on our photo postings) as our own postings on others' photos?<br>

It often takes me between two and five timeouts and from one to several minutes to find others' new posts on my photos. I know there are a large number of comments, and this is unusual, but there used to be a feature, now apparently disappeared, of the last three or four postings on your own posted photos. I don't find it anymore, and miss it sorely. <br>

Doing the same magic Jin did to the other category would help here and reduce load on the DB as well, I think. Would he use much of the same code and thus make the job simpler?<br>

john<br>

John (Crosley)</p>