Glow in the dark Photo's

Uncle Goose

While I was working with Glow in the dark paint (for my origami, another hobby

of mine) I wondered if there was a possibility to mix some Glow in the dark

Powder into papercoating. Is this possible and what effect would it give?? Might

be neat I suppose. Just a free floating idea.

Yes, it is quite possible. You'll have to watch it, some alternative processes will destroy the chemicals of the glow in the dark powder, or have their own chemistry bolluxed by it.

I've used glow in the dark paint with gum printing.

If you want to get an idea what the results look like, place a transparency over a piece of glow in the dark paper.

The most interesting effect is an apparent increase in contrast.

• 1 year later...

First, let me disclose that I am a Senior Technician for a company that sells glow in the dark pigments and paints.

The "tri-color" glow you are mentioning is actually fluorescent (aka black-light pigments) and not phosphorescent (glow in the dark) pigments. They will only glow when you add a black light where glow in the dark pigments will glow after you remove the light source.

You can use it to make your own paper. There are two things you need to understand about the pigment you choose. 1. If your medium has a high percentage of water, then you need a special "coated" pigment. Our company calls it "Glow Powder for Water". Otherwise, you can use regular glow powder.

Next, the particle size is important. For example, we sell a product called Ultra Green V10 which is the brightest, but it is too large of a particle size to use for paper. So you should stick with the Ultra Green, which has a much smoother feel when used for 2D projects.

I hope this helps,

Danny Clark

Glow Inc.

http://www.glowinc.com

• 10 months later...

Process of making glow paper is actually coating it with glow ink first and then applying the paper coating over it.

And yes! there is a difference between UV Light Sensitive pigments and glow in the dark pigments.

More on the difference can be seen in this video.

<a href="http://www.darkniteglow.com/">Difference between Glow and UV Light Sensitive Products.</a>