Fujica ST-701. Gift #3 from Suzuki-san.

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Yesterday, I headed out with another camera from Suzuki-san. This time it was a black Fujica ST-701. It an M42 mount camera. It has a 1 to 1/1000 second shutter. The camera came with a Fujinon 55mm f1.8 lens. It is an outstanding lens. This camera was left by a customer for repairs in 1987. Suzuki-san informed the owner of the cost for those repairs. The customer declined and never came back for it.</p>

<p>When I got it last week the camera shutter would not advance, there was a major battery leak and the lens was smeared in a fine film of mold. I took one look at it and said I will try to get back to working condition. I did.</p>

<p>First, I cleaned the lens out with my favorite cleaner: shaving cream. According to Suzuki-san it looks like new. Next, I repaired the film advance lever. It was very simple. I just removed the base plate and released one hammer that was caught on a cog tooth. After that shutter curtains advanced smoothly. The camera is now working, though 1-second and 1/2-second are a bit slow. The next thing I tackled were the light seals. Finally, I cleaned out the battery chamber hoping that that would bring the meter back to life. After cleaning with vinegar I inserted a fresh battery, but no luck. This camera is meterless. The damage is beyond me I am sure that if I removed the top plate the wires would be gone from corrosion. The battery leak was so bad that black enamel started to peel from the camera.</p>

<p>So now to the photos. I took my trusty light meter, but guess what... the battery was dead. So with no in camera meter and non operating light meter I had to use for Sunny 16 for the first time without a crutch. I think I did a pretty good job.</p>

<p>I used Legacy Pro 100 developed in Kodak 4 to 1 developer at 20C for 6 minutes.</p>

<p>Mike</p><div>00W9n0-234197884.JPG.1c22bd072975cdc2b527e82f2b97f90c.JPG</div>

• 3 weeks later...