First pictures with Canon FD

m_m7

<p>Hi.This is actually not a question but rather just want to post some pictures.I want to thank people here introducing me to these wonderful little guys.As I promised in some other forum question here are my pictures taken with the new acquired collection of FD lenses.Regards and I will be very very happy if more pictures are posted.</p><div>00UrL4-184297584.JPG.730f2718e2715df7e3f88fcaef17133c.JPG</div>

<p>I thought I was looking at one of those cool FD lens catalogs for a minute. When you go FD, Mihail, you don't fool around. Amazing pictures! The one of your daughter is so beautiful and the yellow hut leaps from the screen. Thanks for sharing your FD lens results, and your considerable talent, with us all. Very inspiring.</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you. So a question: I traded most of my Canon FD system for Nikon about 20 years ago. I didn't own the f/1.4 back then, and I suspect I gave it up because I didn't have the best lenses. I'm so glad I didn't trade my EF's (nobody really wanted them at the time).</p>

<p>So what other gems in the FD lineup should I keep my eyes open for on Craigslist and swap meets? I tend to prefer prime lenses vs. zooms. I thoroughly enjoy the FD bodies and lenses. The build is just so wonderful. The EF is smoother in operation than any other camera I own.</p>

<p>I was using the EF with the Sunny - 16 rule (actually, I use Sunny - 11<g>), because the meter isn't working. I have to send it in for repair, but I hate to part with it now.</p>

<p>Michael- I have only about 14 FD lenses. A midlin quiver. <strong>All</strong> the primes are excellent! But there are a handful I would not be without. The nFD 50 f/3.5 macro (the finest macro lens, from any maker, I've ever used. period. Good all rounder too), Chrome-nosed, pre SCC concave front element(radioactive) 35mm f/2 (use for B&W only and it's resolution and contrast will knock your socks out of their sockets), and the nFD 100 f/2 (fast, cracker sharp with bokeh that kills, my best portrait lens). The normal nFD 50mm f/1.4 is fabu, fast and a bokeh monster. I'm a prime guy like you, but the nFD 80-200 f/4 L zoom changed my mind. I have all manner of high-end zooms for Nikon and EOS, but this zoom.....this zoom....it's a miracle. It's a permanent fixture in my bag now. If you can find a Kiron 105mm f/2.8 macro, it will not disapoint. The nFD 24mm f/2 is great on the wide side. In your travels should you come across a clean T90(rugged, motor, ergonomic, great meter, uses AA's) or F-1n (Pro tank, MLU) I would snap either (or both!) up in heart beat.</p>