Finally Toyocaflex Mod 1b late

<p>Found a manual on the Starflex which operates the same way as the Toyocaflex, on the right side of the camera you have focus knob and the advance knob with a window for the frames used and between the knob is a slide switch . Now to clear the window<br>

one must press the center of the winding know and at the same must push the sliding switch to clear the camera, with this set up this camera has no double exposure prevention built in. see photo attached<br>

Now to load the film the film chamber is a little tight but a little work at it , it will fit in and turn till you hit arrow across the film back<br>

Now you need to close the camera and then you reset the frame window to the (s) for start and crank till it reads one in the window, now that's not to complicated is it:<br>

Now its a fully load tlr ready for use: Its and interesting TLR since it looks like a Rollieflex Automat style in the front only<br>

It will take Bayonet 1 accessories from rollieflex and work on the lens. I happened to have a hood for the rollieflex I have<br>

so that worked out fine for me:<br>

I used Fuji Pro 160C for this outing and photos so I hope it will pass muster : Thanks for your time on this matter</p><div>00Zdom-417953584.jpg.4c4feffc930be7cb3362fa1deea6d8d0.jpg</div>

<p>For the last photo which is of a path way bridge in the area , and all the photos in color were adjusted in LTRM 3.5 but only cropped and straitened , color contrast and sharpening not done on any of these photos :<br>

the lens on this camera may have a weird name but it does do a good job in these series of photos:enjoy Lauren</p><div>00Zdp1-417961684.jpg.9d7a6a7668a296dcc8c82ec8c58784a5.jpg</div>

<p>Cool.</p>

<p>(When I was in the Boston area, I remembered mucky tidal flats, but maybe I'm thinking of areas to the north. Anyway, shades of San Antonio - that river walk there has had a lot of good influence, of which I am guessing the Charles walk is one.)</p>

<p>In any case. Nice.</p>

<p>Excellent, <strong>Lauren</strong>. What <strong>Louis</strong> said; in my experience there aren't too many poor Tomioka lenses, and this Tri-Lausar appears to be a great performer. I really like the perspective in "Water Duck Entrance..." Thanks for an interesting post on an unusual TLR; Fuji Pro 160C is also one of <em>my</em> favourites. </p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2389883">Bernard Lazareff</a> , Nov 23, 2011; 01:48 p.m.</p>

<p>Lauren,<br /> Congratulations for the pictures. And interesting to see the quality of this triplet. Could you indicate the aperture(s) you used? Do you have pictures in low light showing the quality at wider apertures, f4, f5.6, f8?<br /> Thank you<br>

Bernard they were mostly at F-8 and F-11 because of the time of the day shutter speed of 1/300 was tops :</p>