Film in the fridge...

Hi, i have been reading the article on film here on photo.net, it

been told about putting film in the fridge. after a few hours i

checked to see if it ok i i sew that there some wetness (moist)

inside the cans of the film and even ob the film itself, is that

normal? i put all the film on a closed box like the one used for

putting food in it, do i need a special box for that?

I also put some film that i'm going to give for develop, is that ok?

will it do any good?

<i>...after a few hours i checked to see if it ok i i sew that there some wetness (moist) inside the cans of the film and even ob the film itself, is that normal?</i><p>

The idea is to let refrigerated film canisters warm up to the ambient temperature before you open them otherwise you will have condensation on the film, definately not a good thing!

>The idea is to let refrigerated film canisters warm up to the ambient temperature before you open them otherwise you will have condensation on the film, definately not a good thing!<

in "before open them" do you mean start useing them? because i ment only to check if them allright...

>though it is generally considered best to have the film processed before too long.<

Yes i know but i just cant, there isnt a normal lab whre i live and i need the take it to an outside lab, i go there only 2 days a week.

my question is, is it beter to put it back to the fridge after i finished the roll or it doesnt meter and i should put it back to the fridge.

That doesn�t sound good at all. Is it an older fridge? I too have just started to keep my Fuji NPH in the fridge usually where I keep the butter on the door (my family thinks I�m weird) and haven�t had any problems. It sounds like your keeping your film in the crisper, maybe it�s designed to add moisture to the veggies? Try moving your film to another part of your fridge and shoot a test roll to make sure that your film�s ok. Good luck!

Keep it in the refrigerator before and after using it. Allow it to warm up before using. Even if you did see condensate on the leader, caused by the cold film striking warm moist air, there would be no condensate on the tightly wrapped film in the canister. Just allow the film to warm up before using it.<BR>

Take a camera out of an air conditioned room to the 90 degree outside high humidity air and the lens will immediately fog up. Same thing.

James G. Dainis

<i>..in "before open them" do you mean start useing them? because i ment only to check if them allright...</i><p>

Don't open the film canister until it has warmed up. This can be anywhere from 15-30 minutes. Doesn't matter if you are going to use it or just look at it. To do so invites condensation. Yes, it is a good idea to put your exposed film back in the fridge until you can have it processed. <p>

Where you keep it or the condition, age of the refrigerator makes no difference. The film canister is sealed with dry air at the factory and no moisture from the fridge can get in. As long as you don't open it until it warms up it will be fine.