Film Camera Week for November 17

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Thanks, Rick. Not as much activity this weekend. I've watched a lot of college football today but will finish up some film after church tomorrow and do some developing. My wife and I are off all week for Thanksgiving. May get through a few rolls.

2. Hello everyone. Rick's choice of Walter Lang's grave cross is well chosen. If one remembers history, World War I or "The Great War", ended on 11-11-1918, the same day Sgt Lang was KIA. Do a Google search & he shows up quickly. . .One of the last American victums of that war.

James Bryant likes this.
  3. Cheers Bill and Rick,

Lang is one of 7 men buried at Flanders Fields that were killed that morning when the armistice was signed. I did indeed pick his grave for the photograph for that very reason.
    At 11am there was a small commemoration held in the center of the cemetery, with a delegation of American boy scout and girl scout troops there.

Unknown soldier, French cemetery St.Charles de Potyze near Ypres.
    [​IMG]

MarcelRomviel and James Bryant like this.
  4. Well done Rick!

We had a very windy weekend. This is what happens in our coast when the wind comes. Cars get a nice wash when the wave comes.

[​IMG]

Nikon F2 with 50/1.4, FP4+ in DK-50 (just found an old can).

5. I am late this week , to much work and to bad weather .....
    37643210755_2ae258310e_b.jpg

6. A few more.
    upload_2017-11-20_10-37-48.jpeg
    Dak, Minolta XE-5, 50mm f1.7 MC Rokkor, FP4+

upload_2017-11-20_10-39-5.jpeg
    Tracks by a fence, same gear and film

upload_2017-11-20_10-40-5.jpeg
    across the street from the Grill

James Bryant likes this.
  7. Himatic_124_Koptelefoon.jpg

Himatic 7S AGFA APX400

James Bryant likes this.
  8. Hiking around Point Lobos today. 120 Tri-x at 800 in D76 1:1 for 12 min. Yellow #8 with Circular polarizer

Pt Lobos web.jpg

9. One more shot. Same roll.

PointLobos coastline-web.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    davecaz likes this.
  10. Rick - It could just be a trick of my memory, but this set seems to be even more stunning than your usual standard. I wasn't sure that was possible. But, these seem to have just a tad more detail and contrast than I recall being your standard. But, now I'm seeing the set shot with the Canon FD T70 fitted with a Tamron Adaptall II 35-135mm, and they also seem to have a bit more edge than I recall being your standard. I could just be getting senile, I suppose. Or did you possibly tweak your processing?

11. Ross - It's nice to see someone using not just one, but two filters, and doing it properly :) Makes me feel like less of an anachronism.

12. Nice shot, Julio! Do you mind if I ask where this is? It looks like a fun place to visit.

13. Thank you for your comment. Stacking 2 filters is a good thing but I must admit that my wife gets a bit bored while I fiddle around. I forgot my tripod quick release yesterday is the reason I shot at 800. Just to get the shutter speed up.

14. You're welcome. I didn't notice the shutter speed, and wouldn't have found it unusual unless I really thought about it. Living in Arizona, speeds in the thousands are normal.

15. davecaz said:

Thanks, Dave! The Ilford FP4 Plus I used for the series with the T70 is particularly suited to development in the PMK Pyro but it's more costly than the Arista or Kentmere I usually use. Other than that, nothing changed. I'm pleased you liked the pics.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  16. I seem to hover around 1/60th a lot using filters in daylight. Of course it depends on which one or combination. For landscapes I tend to shoot at f22 with the Mamiya which certainly takes a bite out of your shutter speed.

17. Davecaz, this is Montevideo city in Uruguay, and the place is in the South Rambla near the Old City.

The Rambla is a seaside (or riverside, because it is the River Plate, technically an estuary) avenue. Not the best place to be in a windy day or storm but very, very nice in good weather.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017