Facebook photos improvement

<p>Just found out today that Facebook has upped their maximum image size from 720 to 960 px. Nice.</p>

<p>(in the old days the limit was 604 px) Another answer to G+ which has no limits since G+ uses Picasa Albums? This is a nice development.</p>

<p>...and, in the process, changed their background color from black to white (which annoys me), failed to offer a mechanism to disable the "download" option present on every image (which annoys me even more), and continue to strip EXIF data which, in my case, carries with it a copyright statement. I have a photo fan page on facebook and every day I'm bombarded with notifications that "So-and-so has made your photograph their profile picture", I can just imagine how often they're being downloaded and redistributed without <em>any</em> notification. I see no reason for facebook to invite people to download your image but by placing a "download" option on every one of them, they seem to be encouraging people to do something that, 99.99% of the time, they have no right to do. Also, when someone "makes your photo their profile picture" all attribution is stripped from the image. I checked a friend's account and, in their profile photos, it shows my photograph but it's attributed to them with absolutely no indication that I had anything at all to do with the photograph.</p>

<p>While these things annoy me, I accept that they are the price of publicity. The fun I have sharing my photographs far outweighs the risks. I take precautions by only uploading 720 pixel images with a watermark and placing a copyright statement on my page. None of which prevents misuse but it may deter a few.</p>

<p>FB isn't for for pro work anyway -- it's merely a window shopping setup for anyone in the photo snapping business -- direct traffic to your real website. Like you said, it's fun.</p>

<p>You cannot be worried or bothered by any image file you post on the Web -- always unscrupulous kind who will steal. Most of my images on FB have some sort of watermark of mine on them. Anyway, they are small, only recently upped to 960 px, so not a whole lot of good for illicit reasons.</p>