Examples of black and white with a polarizer?

Does anyone have any examples of black and white photos taken with a

polarizer, or a circular polarizer? I want to shoot some pictures

outside and want to increase the contrast between the clouds and the

sky but don't want to lose more than 1 stop as I'm going to be using

Ilford Pan F+.<br>

I thought I'd see if it's worth it to use a polarizer instead of a

red filter.

The red filter will eat up 3 stops of light. The polariser will eat up 1 1/2 stops. but the red will give you more contrast between the blue sky, and the white clouds. And within the clouds themselves. The polariser won't necassarily give you the same contrast especially within the cloud masses themselves.

<i>The polariser won't necassarily give you the same contrast especially within the cloud masses themselves.</i><br>

<br>

Just to give some insight on the issue. The reason why I'm looking into using a polarizer instead of a red filter is because the person I'm taking pictures of will be wearing an outfit that has a considerable amount of red in it and I don't want it to appear white.

Wish I had a scanner. To use up a roll of Tri-X the other week, I shot white blossom against a clear blue sky (1) with nothing (2) with yellow-green filter (3) with polariser (4) with both filters. Nothing appears as marked as a red, but the differences are clear in both neg and print (good lab). The yellow-green might darken the red too much for your liking, though.