pictures in f-f-f-freezing weather? <br>

<br>

<a

href="http://homepage.mac.com/annetics/.Movies/JoyBrianShow/index.html">Click

Here</a> to see the images in a flash slideshow.<br><br>

<a href="http://anneruthmann.blogspot.com">Click Here</a> to read

about it in my blog.<br>

<br>

Thanks for your feedback! (Today is MUCH warmer! Thank you, Sunshine!)

I think there's actually a link at the bottom of the show that takes you to the webpage

where you can order your own copy of the program. It's a quick and easy (if you know just

a little html) way to get a flash slideshow on the web. The only thing I caution is that it is

for web viewing only- so this will not help those looking for a DVD compatible slideshow.

I love that it allows you to link to where the music can be purchased online... (my link

requires iTunes).

I like that song too, but if you listen to the lyrics its about a man sharing a glance with a woman that is with another man and him holding onto that moment, even though he'll never be with her.. not exactly engagement appropriate! but i still love it :)

The photos are great, i only wish for a little more contrast in the sky.

good job. :)

The one above is Kari's, not mine ;-) I agree, it's nice Kari! At least you GOT them to take

their coats off! My couple would have thrown me in a snowbank if I had asked! They were

barely willing to let me finish the roll of film. ;-)

(Why does everyone call me Ruth?? I get that ALL the time! LOL!)

Juliet- Yeah, I know what you mean about the lyrics of the song being a little... eh...

well.... at least the chorus keeps repeating "You're Beautiful!" I debated about the music

because of that, but in the end I liked the actual music too much to let the lyrics get in the

way. ;-) I ended up rationalizing it in a way that was like... maybe this is how they met...

maybe he saw her from across the way... which I think is pretty close to their actual story.

I kept the show short too so that we don't get into the really heavy lyrics. ;-)

Thank you for the comments about the contrast in the sky. I'm afraid there wasn't much

of any contrast that day! Everything was gray and white. I'm actually surprised there was

even contrast in the footprints of the snow.. that certainly was a risk on my part.

LOL!! He wanted a snowball fight and actually threw a snowball at her when her back was turned!! She turned around and gave him the look of DEATH! ;-) There are many women who would die for hair like hers... or at least pay obscene amounts for extensions.

I love the hat too! It was her idea and he almost didn't wear it. We had to practically beg him to put it on. That's another thing to think about with bland backgrounds in the winter- accessories!!! I have another shoot coming up this weekend, but it will be much less snow and much more architecture. I asked them to bring a bold colored scarf, but I may bring one myself in case they forget.

Anne,

Love these, they look great. Here is a recent engagement shot, the couple lasted about 10 minutes. I was really nervous it was my first engagement session. You said it was freezing, I take it your in Michigan.

Melany<div>00FNsC-28397184.thumb.jpg.ab42571553c4594ad8c1253d198a41b6.jpg</div>

Nice work nailing the exposure with the snow, Anne!

In your blog, you mentioned you brought along film: Which one(s)? Did you develop your own, or send it out?

By the way, little girls make angels in the snow... Little boys write their name in the snow! :)

Thank you for such gracious comments!!! I'm humbled by your praise. I'm always looking for ways to pick apart my work that sometimes I forget to enjoy it myself. ;-)

The film was my favorite Kodak Professional BW400CN. It's a C-41 process film with amazingly fine grain AND great contrast. I set the camera to ISO 320 in order to overexpose slightly (this film has great leverage). I had the negatives developed and scanned- and whoa-la! Here they are. ;-)