Does anyone use Gossen Digisix hot shoe mounted

As a small handy light meter it's ok in my book, hot shoe mounted I am not a fan. It's a bit cumbersome. Carry it in your jacket pocket

and whip it out when you need it.

I would rather keep it around my neck when I need << or that

<p>I have a Digiflash - same meter but with flash capability. It's a great achievement to pack accurate meter functions into something that small. Putting it in the hot shoe is a convenient way of carrying it BUT taking a reflected light reading correctly outdoors (i.e. angling the meter down at about 45 degrees to avoid excessive influence from the sky) and taking a reading is hard unless you are a contortionist or have a very flexible neck. Also the meter does not fit very tightly into the shoe. Do not recall it obstructing access to the viewfinder in any way. I thought the Digiflash would be more useful than it turned out to be - holding something which is hardly any bigger than the top joint of my thumb while leaving room to press the button and read the display was awkward. In the end, my favorite outdoor meter turned out to be a Sekonic L-308. </p>

<p>I'm actually going to get my Minolta IV fixed and use it instead of the Gossen. I don't particularly like the Gossen's procedure of turning the dial to the EV setting of the reading to read off the shutter speed opposite the F stop. Also the display is not lit. The Minolta may be bigger but it average's 2 to 3 meter readings and the display is lit for low light. On top of it you get readings in F Stop's not EV. You can also turn the head around and read the display directly.</p>