discovering this site

fredgoldstein

William Michael's Basics

1. If you want to start a thread (a conversation), then select the FORUM that you think is the most appropriate for the topic that you want to discuss and/or the question that you want to ask: there are some topics which could fit in more than one Forum; don’t fret, just stick it where you think it best fits.

Example – "I use Canon DSLRs and Speedlites and I want to discuss lighting for table-top close up work"

Is the best Forum: “Lighting”, “Macros” or “Canon EOS”?

If there is a more appropriate Forum for your thread, it can be moved (by a Moderator) to a more appropriate Forum.

2. Please do NOT post the same Opening Post or Commentary in more than one thread.

3. The “No Words” Forum is NOT for conversation – please read the sticky thread at the top of the No Words Forum which provides explicit guidelines for that particular Forum.

4. As a general guideline, we don’t usually flood a thread with a truckload of sample images – if there a many examples then use a link: doing so is usually more useful. If you have a truck load of examples and you do not want to use your own website, or etc, you can load the images to a specific “Gallery” in your Portfolio and link to it.

Example – “I’ve been using a Fuji X100s for a few years now and I find it most suitable for outdoor Architecture – anyone have comments or input? Please see some samples in this gallery [LINK].

5. It's good advice that you read the Terms of Use and User Guidelines to which you agreed when you signed up (link is at bottom of page), if you don't bother, then it is probably a good idea that you know about the condition that you cannot post an image that you did not make yourself - so IF your discussion is to include an image that was made by someone else, then use a LINK to get to it.

(by the way and as a note to all readers: Point 5 is for the assistance of the OP and for his information of what is fact: it is not meant a new discussion topic in this thread)

William Michael's Basics

1. If you want to start a thread (a conversation), then select the FORUM that you think is the most appropriate for the topic that you want to discuss and/or the question that you want to ask: there are some topics which could fit in more than one Forum; don’t fret, just stick it where you think it best fits.

Example – "I use Canon DSLRs and Speedlites and I want to discuss lighting for table-top close up work"

Is the best Forum: “Lighting”, “Macros” or “Canon EOS”?

If there is a more appropriate Forum for your thread, it can be moved (by a Moderator) to a more appropriate Forum.

2. Please do NOT post the same Opening Post or Commentary in more than one thread.

3. The “No Words” Forum is NOT for conversation – please read the sticky thread at the top of the No Words Forum which provides explicit guidelines for that particular Forum.

4. As a general guideline, we don’t usually flood a thread with a truckload of sample images – if there a many examples then use a link: doing so is usually more useful. If you have a truck load of examples and you do not want to use your own website, or etc, you can load the images to a specific “Gallery” in your Portfolio and link to it.

Example – “I’ve been using a Fuji X100s for a few years now and I find it most suitable for outdoor Architecture – anyone have comments or input? Please see some samples in this gallery [LINK].

5. It's good advice that you read the Terms of Use and User Guidelines to which you agreed when you signed up (link is at bottom of page), if you don't bother, then it is probably a good idea that you know about the condition that you cannot post an image that you did not make yourself - so IF your discussion is to include an image that was made by someone else, then use a LINK to get to it.

(by the way and as a note to all readers: Point 5 is for the assistance of the OP and for his information of what is fact: it is not meant a new discussion topic in this thread)

many thanks Sandy,

my only interest is to post pictures and get comments;

of course, also participating at contests, exhibitions..

Many of us post images in the 'No Words' forum - although comments are NOT permitted, there is a system of 'Likes' whereby you can see how many people appreciate the image(s) (only one per thread, of course) you have posted.

For a more in-depth assessment of your images, there is the 'Seeking Critique' Forum, explicitly for comments on images.

Looking forward to seeing your work.