Digital Photography School Posing Tips

hjoseph7

<p>Posing is one of the most difficult aspects of portraiture. It is very easy to "Go Blank" infront of a client if you don't have a posing guide in mind, or in your back pocket. One of the most embarassing things that can happen to you as a portrait photographer is when you run out of ideas on how to pose your client(s), or just plain don't know how.<br>

Posing takes allot of experience, so before you can wip poses out of your head, you need some type of guide, or you can practice with a script of certain poses you use often.<br>

With that in mind I bought a ton of books that suppose to teach you how to pose. Also I cut out pictures out of magazines with poses I like and put them in a folder so I could use them later. The bad thing about the posing books is that they were filled with "movie-star" looking models under the most fantastic scenery you could imagine.<br />I wanted something more down to earth for the type of photography I was doing.<br>

I did find a posing Guide on eBay once with about 300 poses, but the models were dressed in skin-tight Leotards and the volume of poses made it hard to pick and choose much less remember.<br>

<br />Lucky for me I started getting these eGuides on posing from the Digital Photography School enews-letter every month or so. So far, they are the best guides to posing I ever came accross. The poses are not very complicated and there are no extraneous backgrounds and props to get in the way.<br>

<br />The posing guides came in a series. From Posing men, to women, to couples to groups. The bad is that they are a little hard to print.<br>

<br />Here is the Guide to posing groups: <a href="http://digital-photography-school.com/posing-guide-21-sample-poses-to-get-you-started-with-photographing-groups-of-people">http://digital-photography-school.com/posing-guide-21-sample-poses-to-get-you-started-with-photographing-groups-of-people</a></p>

• 1 month later...