Database of bridge photographers. Are you in it?

vic_.

The whole article is anonymous sources. Still, amusing:

"But one source noted that in general, if someone pops up twice filming a crossing, "You start to develop a case.

"Some may not go to a full-blown case that involves an arrest, but it develops into intelligence where you can establish a trail where you can tie individuals together that otherwise would have gone unknown," the source said.

In at least some cases, the film is kept, sources said, and in all cases the images are reviewed."

Worthless info sorry I wasted my time reading the article. I have lots of photo's of bridges and I can asure you know one has ever asked me who I am or what I'm doing so unless they can figure out who I am from looking at me I guess I'm not in a data base (well one having to do with bridge photography) Since I am a concealed handgun permit holder I know I'm in that database)

Well I AM on a database I guess ... Tuesday morning shooting a photo of the I-40 Memphis-Arkansas bridge on a public road and a service employee of the Mud Island park came out and asked me what I was doing ... and I was then told that they would have to take my car tag number and report it to the Dept. of Homeland Security ... 15 minutes later I was on my cell phone, I called the local director of the agency, we had a nice conversation. I told him that the name that would most likely appear on his desk was me. He told me that it was not going to be put in any type of file (who knows) ... but this BS is not a joke, and not just in NYC. The photo is still in the can, but here is a test shot taken from a distant bluff the photo in question was close up.

Vic,

When I was eleven years old, during WW2, I was arrested for photographing the George Washington Bridge in NYC. My Argus C2 was

confiscated, as was the film in it. When the cops found out where my

parents were born, they really thought they had cought a real spy!

Jerry

>Mark Wahlster , jul 27, 2005; 05:28 p.m.

>Worthless info sorry I wasted my time reading the article. I have lots of photo's of

bridges and I can asure you know one has ever asked me who I am or what I'm doing so

unless they can figure out who I am from looking at me I guess I'm not in a data base (well

one having to do with bridge photography) Since I am a concealed handgun permit holder

I know I'm in that database)

And the "Abusers of the English language" database also...