darkroom classes in Toronto?

jonee

Does anyone know of any darkroom beginner classes in Toronto commencing ASAP in

August/Early September? I would like to take one to save money on b/w enlarging,

but have no idea who holds them. Thanks.

Jonathan, early September will mean the start of another school year. Try this link to the

Ryerson University Photography department- http://ce-online.ryerson.ca/ce_2007-

2008/calendar/default.asp?section=course&sub=0&mode=course&ccode=CDFP%20320

The course would be just what you need and Ryerson has excellent darkroom facilities

which you would be entitled to use as a student. Also, try George Brown College . Their

King Street Campus offers a course much like the one at Ryerson. There will be a number

of sections which will also begin in September. I don't have a link for you but google it

and you will find all you need!

• 2 weeks later...

George Brown Continuing Education Department.

They offer night courses on photography (film) at St. James campus and the B+W darkroom is open for use saturdays 9 to 5, for $5 an hour. There is a dry to dry print processor.

[i was a student there. The darkroom facilities are.. iffy, though. I mean, its a somewhat neglected and often-beat-on-by-students darkroom, so.. -shrug-]

• 3 months later...

If anyone is looking for darkroom equipment, I have an enlarger, some lenses and miscellaneous darkroom equipment that I am looking to sell. The enlarger was refurbished back to new by KHB photographix here in Toronto and is like new. It is a large format enlarger.

If you are interested, please email me at info@heatherrivlin.com

Heather Rivlin