"Daily Sampling Members' Work" NOTIFICATION

<p>Hi, I just accidentally, discovered that one of my recently posted shots (Green Growth Eureka Dune) was chosen by you as a Daily Sampling. I'm a long-time member and wondered if any of my work has ever been chosen before, and further, why aren't we given a heads-up when it is? </p>

<p>I was thrilled to forward it (after a screen shot) to our Horizon Photo Workshop Director, Steve Gottlieb, who got us there.<br>

http://www.photo.net/gallery/sample-gallery</p>

<p>Flattery counts!<br>

Thx,<br>

Ray Hull<br>

OCULUSNY</p>

<p>Hi Ray - for sometime now we (primarily the editorial staff) have been manually choosing from daily uploads photos that caught our eye and thought worthy of home page stage presence to represent the community of photographers. Previously it was a rather long explanation as to how photos got that space and on occasion it would be something not deserving of the home page stage. By us choosing it gave us more control than an algorithm that needed tuning now and again. Plus the human eye in case of photography is likely one of the best algorithms available! We do notify for photo of the day and photo of the week - so i like your suggestion and we'll see what we can do! </p>