Cost of a digital file

sure you would. you make a contract for the use of the image. You specify exactly what

can and can't be done with the image and the length of time the client is allowed to use it.

Enforcement of the contract and vigilence regarding the use of your images is up to you

(or anyone working for you) or course but that's always the case.

other questions I ask myself when I price images for license are.......

who is this client and do I have other business with them? potential for other business? I

will price and image differently for a mom and pop vs a multinational.

what's the future commercial viability of the image? have I already made money on this

image?

and of course, what are the terms of the license. "one time use" can indeed mean 50,000

posters or it can mean one as mentioned.

Lucas,

Thanks. Yes I will certain draw up a contract for her. I really don't know much about her. She happened a cross my website and was interested in the image.

Again, if someone can give a ballpark figure for what something like this usually priced at. I feel like saying $100, but I don't know if that is to low or what.

Thanks!

Kim, I agree with Dave,if she just wants a poster, print here one.Figure 3 times you cost.In my area of racing single posters 24x36 go for a cheap $50 these are kids you are scraping gas money to go racing and I make it up in volume. If they want the file it's $500 (I haven't sold any files??)

Is it her intention to market this item?