Colorado Rep Kicks Photographer

rcox2

Talk about respect for the Bible... There's a "real" Christian! <sic> Talk about giving Christians a bad name... I am surprised he didn't hit him with the Bible... He said he warned not to photograph during the prayers and Pledge of Allegiance. So he resorts to violence - that doesn't sound like WWJD! He said the photographer should apologize to him (not the other way around).

I emailed him my thoughts. Totally appalling...

Through photographing professional kickboxing and MMA, and through occasional training at a boxing gym, I am volunteering to be kicked by this idiot, because I will kick back. I suspect that, even though I'm not in great shape and am in no way a professional kicker, I can kick a lot better than he can. I fight back when I get stuck in the mosh pit at rock shows, I doubt this guy has seen a fair fight.

I can't believe the photonet photgogs sre not on the side of the Politician. Obviously the photographer MUST have done something wrong to provoke such a respected citizen. We all know that any photographer was gets into a hassle with a subject must have been provocative. After all, if the photographer always has the RIGHT atitude he will never get into such a confrontation. Hang the photographer. He should have been shooting with a longer lens so as no to diturb this important policitical event. AND the photographer hasn't shown his work here on photonet, so he can't be any good and must be wrong. Lets see the picture! Jeez,most of the photographers here on Photonet don't have these problems and their work is so good. How did this photographer get his job, some editor must have been asleep at the wheel. HOMAGE TO A BUDDY OF MINE

so, I just went and googled this incident on the web. I like the way they all mention he kicks the photographer, and then thats the end of it.......onto the swearing in story. Some one should take this guy to court...it's totally being glossed over. Sends the message that the powers to be can kick whoever they want to. I rreally hope that photographer and or his newspaper take this clown to court.

>>>I can't believe the photonet photgogs sre not on the side of the Politician<<<

While the photographer could have used a longer lens, it still doesn't justify violence, so I cannot see that side at all. A public figure knows he/she is going to be in the media spotlight and if you don't like the attention, don't get into it. Politicians are getting the attitude of we can do whatever we want (thanks in part to the current administration) and the people need to take a stand and say you represent US and not you and your interests. They need to be accountable for their actions just like if it were us.

I wonder why he didn't pimp slap the video camera operator who caught him kicking the photographer. Then he could body check the photographer who snapped him pimp slapping the video guy. Could have made a whole day out of being photographed assaulting photographers. If Giuliani can be the 9/11 president, this guy can be the pimp slap representative.

To clarify, the photog was with the Rocky Mtn News. Douglas Bruce was appointed to fill out the term of house member who was promoted to the Colorado Senate. At the time of the incident, Bruce had not yet been sworn in for his seat -- he refused to attend the opening sessions until yesterday so that he would not fall under term limits. The kicking was uncalled for and the House leadership for both the Democrats and Republicans are planning on disciplining Bruce for his actions. Oh the wonderful world of Colorado politics

"John Elder, Jan 15, 2008; 12:39 a.m.

I can't believe the photonet photgogs sre not on the side of the Politician"

Brad- he's obviously kidding. Most of the threads like this usually end up with a sizeable set of people agreeing with authorities for detaining/arresting photographers for shooting pictures of various things. Of course, we all know officials are always right.

>>> Brad- he's obviously kidding. Most of the threads like this usually end up with a sizeable set of

people agreeing with authorities for detaining/arresting photographers for shooting pictures of various

things.

Threads like this ?

That's why I said "Huh?" - this story about a photographer being assaulted is not even close - even if

what you suggest were true...

www.citysnaps.net

Hey! That photographer assumed the risk of being abused for disturbing this solemn ceremony. Everybody who shoots in public KNOWS there is some risk involved. This photographer has no greater right to complain in this case than if he were beat up by a cop. The photographer obviously should have asked for advanced permission to shoot.The photographer shouldn't have been so provocative. The mere fact that the photographer was hit proves the photographer did something wrong. The photographers on photonet never get in this kind of situation. Photonet photographers experiences are always warm and fuzzy. This guy must have been looking for a confronation, why else would he have gotten hit. He deserves what he got, why else would he have been hit. Huh! SECOND HOMAGE TO A BUDDY OF MINE