<p>If they publish to color profile of their printer and you can convert you image to that profile, then no - you have corrected the color yourself (assuming you are working with a calibrated and profiled monitor). If they do not publish the profile, then you may need them to color correct for their printer.</p>

<p>never ask the lab for color correction in any case. And in your case, what will be the point of doing a effect if they corrected it and neutralize it?</p>

<p>send them a JPEG sRGB No color correction.</p>

<p><em>If they publish to color profile of their printer and you can convert you image to that profile</em></p>

<p>no, you can use this profile for softproofing.. dont convert to there profile.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>dont convert to there profile.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Patrick, I do not understand why one would not convert to the profile of the printer actually making the print. Is not that the main reason one profiles a printer - to get a profile to convert the image to? Or do you think the lab will convert to the profile at print time even if the user specifies "no color correction"?</p>

<p>That is not the way it works at Costco. If I specify "no Auto Correction", they do not apply the profile; they print the file as is.</p>

<p>you want a profile to softproof on screen, to see how it could print before you send them the file.</p>

<p>personnaly i rarely, i must say never softproof before sending to a lab and i make sure i check the no color correction when i give them my file, on the back of the print you should see NNNN... you want them to print the file as is because this is the way you create it, the reason why you have a calibrated monitor to see what you are doing.</p>

<p>What append if you included the icc profile to your file? it get stuck with it and you can only print this file to this lab.. what if the lab is close and you need to find another lab fast... you need to go back home, trash this folder full of images, retransform all your image to the new lab (but what if they dont provide you with a profile?!) then do the job again, and go to this lab...</p>

<p>jpeg srgb is the way to go. the profile the lab provide is for onscreen softproofing only... if it matter to you.</p>

<p>My work flow is slightly different. Since I use mostly film, I scan the negative directly into Photoshop with 14-bit color in the Adobe RGB color space. I save the scan file as a PSD file. Then I:<br>

1) Post process the scanned image - color correct, crop, remove spots, etc.</p>

<p>2) Save the layered, post-processed file as a PSD.</p>

<p>3) Flatten the image.</p>

<p>4) Convert to the profile of the printing lab (in my case Costco).</p>

<p>5) Change the mode to 8-bit per color.</p>

<p>6) Save this file as a JPEG</p>

<p>7) Upload the JPEG for printing.</p>

<p>I have a Photoshop Action for steps 3 through 6. If I had to change labs, I would modify the action to use the new profile and batch process the PSD files from Step 2. If the lab did not have a profile, I have an action to convert to sRGB.</p>

<p>Of course, I am an amateur and you are a professional. You have deadlines; I do not. If Costco is closed, I pick up the prints the next day.</p>

<p>It is my understanding the soft proofing simply converts to the labs color profile on the fily for display on the monitor. If you did not convert to the lab's color profile, I think it would be counterproductive to soft proof in that profile. Unless the lab converts for you before they print, you would not have the correct colors.</p>

<p><strong>It is my understanding the soft proofing simply converts to the labs color profile on the fily for display on the monitor.</strong></p>

<p>correct. so you can see what could be print, or what your print should look like before sending it.</p>

<p><strong>If you did not convert to the lab's color profile, I think it would be counterproductive to soft proof in that profile.</strong></p>

<p>nope. In the end you can softproof with there profile if you care for, i dont as with my calibrated monitor + working in sRGB what i see is what i get everytime IF there machine is in correct order, witch is the case with the pro lab i use. <em>T</em>hen keep your image as sRGB and the printer will print it as is if you ask for no color correction, and even if you convert to there profile, it is simply to convert your image data to it, since they ask you not to check the included profile with your image, the printer print it anyway as is. a sRGB work also because all the color that a sRGB included can be or close to be printable no problem.<br>

I always have the right color..</p>

<p>heres from there web site..<br>

<strong>"<em>Do not embed the profile in the saved file.</em></strong> Frontier, Noritsu, and Agfa printers<strong><em> ignore embedded profiles</em></strong>, so you are only using up disk space. Additionally, many versions of the Fuji Frontier PIC driver crash when given files with profiles embedded. In the File→Save As dialog box, uncheck the "Icc Profile:" box in the Color settings area..." and this <br>

"....<strong><em>Instruct the print operators not to apply any of the automated image enhancement</em></strong> or adjustments to your files. Something along the lines of <strong><em> "send the files straight to the printer" </em></strong>usually works. If the lab operator is more technically savvy, request one of the following:<strong><em>Fuji Frontier: No Corrections</em></strong>. A few labs use the PIC Pro module which allows printing in the "Import No Convert" mode. <strong><em>This gives a greater color range in saturated cyan tones.</em></strong> If the lab does not know what this is, or tells you that the mode is disabled, don't worry. The FDIA/Image Intelligence auto-corrections and image enhancements must be disabled in the PIC module.</p>

<p>Being a pro or not dont justify one to loose some precious time... that is not a good argument, even when i will retire, i will make sure that i am efficient as much as possible so i can do more fun stuff ; )</p>

<ul>

</ul>

<p> </p>