Classic Manual Camera Weekend for Feb. 24

Once again time to start our weekend thread. Three (more or less) images from your classic manual camera. For those of you who have "found your way back", welcome back. Also a big welcome to anyone new. I'll start with some images taken with a roll of cold-stored Plus-X that I processed and scanned earlier this week. Camera was a Rollei 35S.

upload_2017-2-23_6-16-19.jpeg.c0dc34fbf7fffecf4593bc9f490919e0.jpeg

Another

upload_2017-2-23_6-17-37.jpeg.fcef42560ca8c76eedc52d5df73cc198.jpeg

• Like 1

One more of Pinnacles. I shot a roll of Street Pan 400 out there yesterday and the entire roll looks fine to me. Street Pan seems kind of grainy with my first experience. I have 4 more rolls and I think I will reduce development time on the next roll by 30 seconds. Also the film is super curly.

930664706_CodorGulchJCH.......jpg.4318c53fcf7ae310462786733d0a480d.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Ross the pictures look OK for grain from my monitor. Getting that soaring raptor in the frame was neat! What is this Street Pan 400 material you are using? Might you pass on any data & perhaps the source you purchased the material from? What was your developer? Aside from the "curliness" factor, I am always interested in keeping up on various emulsions. . . who knows what big box supplier will do a chapter 11 on us film hogs! Aloha, Bill

Hi Bill. The bird in the photo is a Calif Condor. There is a breeding thing going on at Pinnacles National Park and they are trying to keep the species from becoming extinct. It's a big bird for sure with wing spans up to 10 feet which is why you can even see it in the photo as I was using a 50mm lens.

Anyway Street Pan 400 is a rebadged Agfa surveillance film that was discontinued back in the day and the Japan Camera Hunter, Bellamy Hunt had a bunch of it made up to sell. I have only shot one roll of it and have 4 more rolls left. My son gave it to me as a gift. You can google up Japan Camera Hunter and his website has enough stuff to keep you busy for a while. Basically he lives in Japan and sell camera's and specializes in finding camera's for collectors or just somebody that wants a special camera or lens. He is a film guy.

Development time is 10.5 minutes with D76 1:1 but I was careless and went for 11.5 min. I think the negatives would have been better at the 10.5min as the information that came with the film stated. It's unfortunately a very curly film.

Back home and catching up with vacation shooting. These three at the Kailua Farmers Market, thanks to the courtesy and companionship of Bill Bowes. Acros 100, comm. dev. Scans BSH/V700 under SiverFast SE.

Lots to choose from here.

845787089_DecisionTime.thumb.jpg.cf6afba99518e1bd140a5b3f75e46af2.jpg

DECISION TIME

Tony Evans

Edited by Tony Evans
Tony Evans

Hi Tony. Will finish off the Makapuu roll tomorrow and put a few up. Thanks Ross. I did do the Google bit and believe his offering is the same material that was batted about as Blue Fire Police. I looked back into some old scans and a log book and only see nasty notes & warnings about it. I will go no further and hope for the best with those who pursue this film. The cost is well past some of todays "prime" films. Aloha, Bill

Hi Tony. Will finish off the Makapuu roll tomorrow and put a few up. Thanks Ross. I did do the Google bit and believe his offering is the same material that was batted about as Blue Fire Police. I looked back into some old scans and a log book and only see nasty notes & warnings about it. I will go no further and hope for the best with those who pursue this film. The cost is well past some of todays "prime" films. Aloha, Bill

I just have the film as it was a gift. I agree that it is to expensive and the reality is I can shoot HP5 much cheaper and I also love that film. Anyway I have 4 more rolls of Street Pan and I will shoot them up this year. Just not right now as I have other projects in mind.

Well, things seem to be settling down a little, so I'll make an attempt to rejoin the fray. I just wish these historic threads would stop surfacing, though! There's something ghostly about seeing all those replies from members who no longer contribute... <BR><BR>

Here's a frame from a Nikon FE using the 50mm Nikkor f/8. film was Ilford Pan f 50 developed in PMK Pyro. <BR><BR>

Coast.thumb.jpg.6db340b9018d96df90f91396af634cf8.jpg

Coast

• Like 1

Still unable to format properly. Anyway, the above image was taken with the the newly-acquired Mamiya 645 1000s, using the 80mm Mamiya-Sekor C f/2.8 fitted with Teleplus 2x M45. Film was Arista EDU Ultra 100 developed in PMK Pyro. The two following images are from the same camera, lenses noted, film and developer the same.

Could someone outline the procedure for submitting text, an image beneath, and a caption under the image?

Edited by rick_drawbridge

Rick, this is what I've been using as workaround for now. Type your text, then type two HTML line breaks (< br >< br >, but without the spaces), then insert your photo below. Place your cursor below the photo, type two more HTML line breaks then type your caption in bold. When you Refresh the page, it should look properly spaced. You can always practice in the Test forum first.

This sounds so MS-DOS ish. . . One would think the powers that be with this V2.2 "thing" could get it nailed. I have just been adding a very wide border to my prints & put the caption there. It's a crap shoot if the text is one block or wrangled around the picture. Aloha, Bill1113683441_2k17-017-015ces3ce.jpg.e88a574af02871bda0082d327147fa1f.jpg